chapter 18

Alex's POV:
I was sitting in Charles' room and watching the race. I started to understand more, which also made watching more fun. I really enjoyed learning about Charles's world and lifestyle. It was diffrent. That's for sure, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it was something I could get used to? I don't know.

The cars were zooming past on the TV screen. I was still amazed by how fast they really drove. Charles had told me about this being a hard track due to it being very tight. I saw a few times where I thought they were going to smash into the wall. And that's what happend...

On the screen I saw one of the red Ferraris smash into the wall while trying to follow a black car infront. I started to shake I didn't even know why. The driver wasn't out of the car yet. Was it Charles? It started to get harder to breath. The safety car was pulled out. I still didn't know if it was Charles or not. My shaky hands pulled out my phone and dialed the only number I could think of.

-Oh hi Alex. How's it going? Lily answered.

-I-is it Ch-Charles? was all I got out. The tears streamed down my face now.

-Hey Alex are you okay? Do you need me to come to you? Where are you? She asked and I heard how she started walking thru the paddock.

-I-i'm in Charles room, in the motorhome, I said shakingly.

-I'm not that far away don't hang up and try to slow that breathing down Alex, she said calmly.

It didn't take that long until Lily arrived. She sat down next to me and told me to breathe slow and calm. We could now see on the TV screen that it wasn't Charles. It was his team mate Carlos. When I saw that it was like I could breath again. My hands were still shaking but I immediately felt a bit better.

-Thanks for coming, I said. I didn't know who else to call.

-Hey Alex you can always call if there is anything, she said still with a calmness in her voice. We need to be here for eachother. What the guys do is extremely scary sometimes.

-Thanks again, I said almost smiling.

Lily stayed with me for the rest of the race. It was nice of her and I really needed someone there. I was still a bit shaky when the race ended. Lily had said that she would stay with me until Charles would be back so I wouldn't start to panic again. We had started to get to know eachother before, but now we could get to know the other even further.

Although Charles had said it would take him about an hour after the race it didn't feel that long. I was having fun with Lily and that made the time pass fast. Charles entered the room and was completely chocked when he saw us together.

-Oh hi Lily, he finally said. I didn't expect to see you here.

-Well I'm gonna head out now, she said as she started to stand up. Oh and Charles please keep and eye on here, she whispered when she past him. She had a panic attack earlier during the crash.

Lily left and Charles came and sat down net to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I already felt safer.

-Are you okay Alex? He said almost whispering.

-I-I thought it was you? I said as I felt the tears coming back.

-Hey I'm here now, Charles said buring his face in my neck. Everyone's alright. Carlos got out of the car and he is okay Alex.

I turned to Charles and hugged him back now. I don't know how he could make me feel this safe eventhough I just vitnessed one of the scariest things in my life.

We stayed in his room for a while. I didn't want anyone to see that I had been crying and Charles stayed with me. When we finally left there wasn't many people left in the paddock so we decided to leave together. We both must have look absolutely stupid as we both wore sunglasses in the dark.

We walked there together and everything was so still. If you were here earlier you wouldn't think it could get this quiet. Since I didn't see anyone I took Charles hand in mine. I saw him looking at me as I did it. A smile grew on his face. We walked like this all the way to the car and we did not see a single person. In the car we continued holding hands. I loved it.

We got back to the hotel room and I flopped on the bed. I could have fallen asleep right there if it weren't for Charles also jumping on the bed.

-We could stay in tonight, he said running his hand in my hair. But I'm gonna need to take a shower first.

-Okay, I said sleepy.

Charles took a towel and left the room. When I heard the water running I got out of bed. I took a towel and entered the bathroom as quietly as possible. Charles was standing in the shower soacking wet with his back against me. He hadn't noticed me yet so I quietly got undressed. I continued being quiet and stepped into the shower wrapping my arms around his fit body.

-I missed you, I started. So I decided to do something about it.

-Are you sure that was the only reason? Charles asked teasingly.

-I don't know you tell me Mr. Leclerc, I said trying not to laugh.

Charles turned around and pushed me against the wall, it was hot and I liked it. He placed one of his hands on the wall next to my head and the other one traced my body. He leant in and kissed me. He kissed me passionately as always. Then Charles decided to kiss my neck and continuing downwards.

I put my hands around his body while feeling the heat of his touch. The water was dripping down our faces leaving us all wet. I felt his hand tracing further down my body suddenly giving me pleasure. My moans were first silenced by the running water from the shower but as they became louder it was all you could hear.

As I was ready to release he stopped and gave me a rough kiss. He picked me up making me put my legs around him and pushed me tighter to the wall. I felt a mixture of the heat from his body and the cold from the tiled bathroom wall.

-You're so hot, he said with water dripping down his face making his hair all messy.

Before I could even respond I felt him thrusting into me. Our bodies moved in synchronisation making the room hot and steamy. His heavy breathing was all I could hear as I was entering my high.

We slowed it down as we were finished. The bathroom was filled with steam making us almost sweaty. We showered it off helping each other by washing hair and bodies. Warm and clean we headed to bed tired from the long day we've had. After a quick room service meal we fell asleep tight against each other not wanting to leave any space.

———