0.2

As soon as they stepped foot into the party, Amara's eyes scanned the room for her parents, if she didn't find them first they'd kill her.

"I have to go say hi to my parents," Amara subtly took Kate's hand in her own, looking over at her, Kate obviously didn't want to be here, "I'll find you after?"

Kate just nodded.

"You'll be fine, just follow your mom around," Amara gave her hand a squeeze before slipping away.

Kate watched her girlfriend walk across the room to her parents, two people Kate had once described as 'sculpted by the gods'. 

Amara's dad was tall, hair still as dark as charcoal, his olive skin and prominent features made him the spokes model for the Greek stereotype of men, plus he owned a booming technology company.

And her mother, was tall and still as tiny as ever, she had been a model in her twenties, it also helped that she was five years behind in aging thanks to the blip.

No one had to ever question where Amara got her beauty when they saw her model-esk parents, she was the perfect mixture of her father's Greek heritage and mother's Asian descent. 

"Hi," Amara announced her presence to her parents, giving her sister's shoulder a squeeze, the two sharing a smile.

"Amara!" Her father cheered, pulling his daughter into a side hug, "Where have you been?"

"I was trying to find you but this place is huge," Amara lied, going through the check list in her head: standing up straight, head up, arms not crossed, ears ready to listen.

"I was just telling Mr. Jones here about how you're studying business at school so you can take over the company," her father smiled proudly, Amara nodded.

Amara stood there for a while, occasionally nodding, not caring about the conversation happening around her, the talk was all business, she didn't want to inherit the family business but she knew she had no choice, so she just smiled and nodded for the sake of making her parents happy.

"Excuse me for a second, I'm going to run to the restroom," Amara spoke up a while later when she spotted Kate exciting the room, walking a little faster then normal to not lose her. 

"Kate!"

The dark haired girl stopped walking, turning to face Amara, a small smile growing on her face while she stood with her hands in her pockets.

"Where are you going?" Amara asked, coming to a stop in front of her.

"Did you know my Mom and Jack are engaged?" The smile faded from her face.

"What?" Amara's eyes went wide, "Let's go find somewhere to talk," she offered after a couple people passed the girls.

"How could she not tell me?" Kate rambled on as Amara pulled her away looking for an empty room, "Like I don't even know him, well I know him but I don't know him, you know? He creeps me out, like what's with the mustache?"

"Kate," Amara came to a stop, "I don't know what you're saying"

"My mom? Jack? They're going to get married," Kate looked Amara in the eyes, "I don't trust him"