EPILOGUE

TWO YEARS LATER

"No," Amara shakes her head, "That one goes over there, they need to be in order so the story is told right."

The two movers picked up the sculpture and move it between the other two.

"Babe," Kate's voice comes from around the corner, making Amara turn around on her bare feet.

"You're hovering," Kate hums walking over to her, "And you need to come upstairs and finish getting ready."

"It needs to be perfect!"

"It will be," Kate kisses her cheek, putting her arm around her shoulders, "Now come on, I bet Sana has it all under control," Kate nods at Amara's assistant. Sana nods with a smile holding a clip board to her chest.

"If you need me, come get me!" Amara says as Kate pulls her away from the gallery and up to their apartment that sits right on above the gallery.

Since graduating Amara fallen head first into her art, working at the Met part time and using any other free time she has to work on her sculptures. And tonight is the opening of her own little gallery in the city. Her art blew up online and now she's sold multiple pieces, she even created a few custom pieces for celebrities.

While Kate took on Bishop Security full time, trying to keep the company running while also joining Yelena on secret adventures all over the world. Which sometimes drove Amara crazy but she knew Kate was doing what she loved.

"Are you sure this is good?" Amara's standing in front of the mirror second guessing the long lilac dress.

"You're beautiful, Mar," Kate walks up behind her, her hands sliding down her bare arms, kissing her shoulder, "Everything is going to be okay," she kisses her neck, having easy access to it with Amara's hair pulled into a bun, "Just breath."

Kate wraps her arms around Amara's torso, resting her chin on her shoulder while Amara takes a deep breath.

"I'm just nervous," Amara admits, "The Times and the New Yorker are coming."

"And they're going to love you and your art," Kate smiles at Amara in the mirror.

"But what if they don't?"

"It doesn't matter what they think," Kate stands up straight, turning Amara around so they're eye to eye, "You've created the most beautiful sculptures ever, it doesn't matter what the critics have to say. You did amazing."

"But"

Kate cups Amara's face with her hands and kisses her, hard enough to make her stop worrying. Amara melts into the kiss instantly, her hands sliding through the loop of Kate's slacks, pulling her closer. All of her worries melting away.

"Thank you," Amara sighs almost breathless.

"Always," Kate tucks a stray piece of hair back behind Amara's ear.

Theres a knock on the apartment door, which is propped open, "Your parents are here, Amara!" Sana's voice echos into the apartment.

"Tell them I'll be down in a minute, please!" Amara shouts back.

"Are you gonna tell them tonight?" Kate asks as Amara walks over to her side of the bed, picking up and sliding on the tan heels she had picked out while she crossed the room.