0.6

"This is literally just your place, Kate," Amara said looking up at the familiar building from the cab while Kate paid the driver.

"Wait," Amara got a better look at the now broken windows, knowing they for sure weren't broken before, now standing closer to the sidewalk, turning to look at Kate, "What happened?"

Kate excited the cab, joining Amara on the sidewalk, "It burned"

"What?" Amara's eyes went wide looking over at the girl.

"I wasn't in the bathroom when that explosion happened the other night, there was this underground auction going on, with all kinds of weird and expensive things, like things from the Avengers Compound," Kate explained.

Amara's just started at her with confusion, "And what the hell does that have to do with your apartment burning?"

"Well I put on this suit thing to hide my identity because Jack was there, and then I fought all these bad guys and then these guys called the tracksuit mafia, a terrible name, I know, but they followed me, I fought them too. Then, this is where it gets crazy"

"Kate, this all sounds crazy," she crossed her arms over her chest.

"The Hawkeye unmasked me," her mouth dropped into an excited 'O' shape, her eyes wide.

"Okay, Kate, I don't know what drugs you're on but you've lost your mind," Amara shook her head.

"I swear! And yesterday when you called we were in a car chase, I was in my archery uniform, sitting out of the window of a car, shooting trick arrows at those tracksuit guys," Kate kept going.

"That makes even less sense then you being at practice"

"Mar, I swear it's all true, why would I make this up?" Kate was starting to get annoyed and sad that she didn't believe her.

"I don't know, but it just sounds too crazy, that much can't happen in two days," Amara shifted the weight in her feet, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I even have his phone number, I can call him and prove it to you," Kate pulled out her phone.

"Kate, I don't care," Amara's voice was harsher then she meant it to be. Kate looked up at her, eyes full of hurt, her words striking her like a knife.

"No, that's not what I meant," Amara tried to back track, when she saw Kate's face drop, she let out a deep sigh, "It's just that tonight was supposed to be about me, my passion. Then my sister cancels on me, my parents don't even know about the gallery, and you the one person I wanted to be there more than anything is distant for days then shows up and only has crazy stories to explain everything!"

"They're true stories, Amara," Kate was starting to get annoyed with her not believing her.

"Okay, they're true, Kate, whatever, I don't care anymore, I just wanted one night to celebrate me," Amara sighed as she turned to walk away, heels clicking on the concrete.

Kate just watched her for a second, she didn't understand what had just happened. She rushed to catch up with the dark haired girl, "Amara! Wait"

"No, Kate," she paused her movements, turning to Kate, tears in her eyes, arms crossed over her chest trying to keep herself warm, "I go to everything you do, I support you at every competition," tears started to fall from her eyes, she used her finger to try and catch them, "I just wanted one night, Kate, one night," the two held eye contact.