2.6

Thalia caught up with her sister right before she got into a taxi.

"Mar!"

Amara stopped and turned to her sister, anger still flowing through her veins, "I'm going home. You can stay with her I won't be mad, I just need to be alone."

"I came to hang out with you, I'm coming with you," Thalia shook her head. Before she ran to her sister she had made sure Kate was okay, Kate had pushed her to follow her sister.

The two got into the car, taking a silent ride back to Amara's apartment. When they finally made it upstairs to the apartment, Amara went straight to just sit in bed, sitting in her anger.

Thalia sat on the end of the bed, waiting for her sister to talk, she knew her thoughts were brewing.

"She out of all people should understand loving your parents no matter what!" Amara huffed, "Mom and Dad may be assholes but Mom's an immigrant, she's worked her ass off to be where she is now! Dad used to live in the middle of no where in Virginia! They have done so much to support us and let us life these crazy life styles!"

"I know," Thalia nodded, "But she's kinda right, they kicked you out because you said you liked girls."

"Yeah but I never gave them a chance to talk about it."

"That shouldn't change anything, they shouldn't of been so harsh!"

"Are you on her side or mine?" Amara crossed her arms over her chest.

"Her's because you sound crazy!" Thalia raised her voice sightly, "You're drunk and not thing right."

"Get out of my room."

"You're a child," Thalia rolled her eyes and got off the bed, slamming the door shut behind her as she left the room.

Amara leaned further back into the bed, sitting in her anger. Everything that had happened over the last six months replaying in her head, making her question everything. She started rethinking everything she wanted from life, what she wanted after graduation, it was only a month away and she didn't know what she wanted to do yet. For the first time in her life she didn't have a pre-planned outline from her parents on what to do.

She didn't know how much time pasted but a while later there was a soft knock on the bed room door.

"It's me," Amara knew Kate's voice, "Can I come in, please?"

"Yeah," Amara hugged the pillow to her chest tighter.

The door slowly pushed open, revealing Kate, still in her jeans and sweater from dinner. She slowly shut the door then made her way over to the bed, sitting at the end.

"I'm sorry for what I said," Kate started, "I didn't mean it like that. It was just in the moment, it's been a very weird, long few months."

Amara's eyes stayed on her hands that pulled on the strings of the thread.

"Kate," Amara took a deep breath. Kate looked over at her, waiting for her to continue.

"I think we need to take a break," Amara slowly looked up at Kate. She could have sworn she heard Kate's heart crack into a million pieces.

"We're graduating in a month, you're moving back to the city. I don't know if I want that. I don't know what I want at all. I don't have a job lined up. I have nothing planned. I need to figure out what I'm doing," Amara continued.

"No," Kate shook her head.

"Kate it wasn't a question," Amara sighed, "I love you, but I need to find myself. You have archery and this whole Hawkeye thing, you have a job waiting for you with Bishop Security. I don't have anything." Tears stung in the back of her eyes, she bit the inside of her cheek, forcing them back.

"You love me, but you want to take a break?"

Amara nodded, timidity.

"Do you know how stupid that sounds?"

"I know," Amara sat up, "But I need to do this for me. For once, I need to be my own person."

"You're just drunk," Kate shook her head.

"Kate," Amara sighed, "I'm not saying I never want to be with you again. I do, this is hurting me too. But I need to figure out what I want from life."

"Then lets not take a break, I'm not holding you back from finding yourself," Kate argued.

"I know, I'm not saying you are," Amara paused her hand through her hair, "I just need to do this."

"Fine," Kate stood up, "Do whatever you need to, I don't care." She walked out of the room, leaving the door open behind her, a second later Amara heard the front door shut.

Thalia made her way off the couch, making her way to the bedroom door, "Are you okay?"

Amara took a deep breath, "No," she couldn't hold back the tears anymore. Thalia rush dover the bed, wrapping her arms around her big sister, not bothering to ask what happened, just letting her cry.