0.9

The bed shifted around four am, Amara remembered checking the clock and smiling at Kate with half open eyes when the dark haired girl made her way into the small bed. Kate's arms wrapped around Amara, her head on the tired girls chest, listening to her heart beat as the archer drifted to sleep.

The next morning, Amara woke up
to her alarm blasting from her phone. She quickly turned it off trying not to move Kate, who was still attached to her. 

Amara smiled to herself, brushing a short piece of Kate's dark hair away from her forehead, showcasing the cuts on her forehead. Her fingers ghosted over the broken skin, hating the thought of Kate being in a fight.

She started to think about that constant worry of Kate being okay. Waiting up for her, waiting for her to come home safe. The unknowns of every time she left the house if she became a full time hero there would be a ton of 'what ifs'.

"Ow!"

Amara jumped back to reality, looking down at at Kate, pulling her hand away from her face, "Sorry!" She whispered, not realizing her finger had started pressing down on the girls cut.

"Go back to sleep," she ran her manicured nails through the girls waves, "I have to go to work," she kissed the girls temple before slipping from the bed.

Amara spent the day at her parents office while Kate and Clint collected their trick arrows and plotted.

And now hours upon hours later Amara sat in her bed, hair twisted up into a bun, lounging in a matching baby pink pajama set, sketching new ideas on a drawing pad while instrumental music played from her phone.

Amara's mind started to wonder as she drew; what if Kate became a full time Avenger? Does her mom know what's going on? What if she gets hurt on a mission? Could Amara handle that stress of Kate being an Avenger?

Her phone cut the music short as it started ringing, she glanced over at the alarm clock on her desk, it read 3:19 am, who was calling her at this hour?

She reached for her phone across the bed to answer it, "Kate?"

"Can you uhm," she sounded sad, almost like she was going to cry, "Uhm I'm at the front door"

"Uhm yeah," Amara rushed off the bed, sliding on her fluffy white slippers, "Is everything okay?"

Kate just sniffled before the line went dead. 

She quietly raced down stairs to buzz Kate in to the apartment building, waiting for her to show up at her front door, which she did a few minutes later.

The moment Amara's eyes landed on Kate she could tell something was wrong, the brunette was wearing her archery uniform, hair pulled into a ponytail, fresh cuts on her face which wore a look of sadness.

"Kate? What happen?" The two girls stood close, now inside the penthouse, the dim lighting lit up Kate's face. Amara's hand ghosted over the girls face, scared to touch her but wanting to help.

"I uhm," Kate sniffled, "Uhm he told me to go home"

"Okay," Amara hummed a little lost, "He who?"

"Clint. We uhm," she sniffled, "We...we're fighting these people and I just wanted to help," Kate sniffled, starting to cry, collapsing into Amara's arms. Amara held her, rubbing her back, trying her best to comfort her.