1.4

"Thal?"

"I'm so sorry, they pulled it out of me I tried," the young girl rambled into the phone.

"Hey, hey, hey, Thal, it's okay," Amara spoke into the phone later that same night in the back seat of a cab, "I need you to do a favor for me though"

Thalia hummed a confused 'okay'.

"Mom and Dad kicked me out, or more so I left I guess," Amara sighed. Kate put her hand on the girls leg while she listened to half of the conversation.

"What?" Thalia exclaimed sitting up in her bed.

"I'll explain all that later. But I need you to go into my room and pack as much as you can into my two suitcases, please, and then bring them down to me," Amara requested, "Wait actually have Don come bring them down. I don't want you getting into trouble too."

"Why aren't you coming home?"

Amara could hear her sister's voice cracking as she asked, heart broke into a million pieces.

"Thal, sweetie, I promise it's going to be okay," Amara fought back her own tears.

"No its Christmas Eve. Come home, Mar, please," Thalia begged, tears in her eyes.

"I can't, they saw Kate and I, they want nothing to do with me," Amara sniffled holding back her tears. Kate's hand moved to hold Amara's, giving it a squeeze that said 'it's okay'.

"It's all my fault!"

"No it's not," Amara said firmly, "You did what you had to, don't blame this on yourself, if anything it's my fault."

The two sisters went silent for a second, Thalia sniffling and wiping her tears on one end while Amara tried to steady her breath.

"I love you, Thal, I promise I'll be back to see you soon," Amara finally spoke up.

"I love you too," Thalia sniffled, knowing there was no changing her parent's or sister's mind, "Is there anything specific you want in your bags?"

"No, I trust you," Amara softly smiled before the two said goodbye and hung up the phone.

Kate wrapped her arm around Amara, pulling her to her, kissing the top of her head mumbling, "I'm sorry I dragged you into this"

Amara looked up at Kate with watery eyes, "I chose to come find you, I'll always choose you."

Kate smiled down at her before gently pressing her lips to Amara's for a short kiss.

The next morning Amara was sat behind the two archers who occupied the front seats as Clint drove them to his family home. Pizza Dog had his fluffy blonde head in her lap.

"Yeah," Amara sighed answering Clint's question about her father, "He went to school with Tony, they were like rivals, hence him also owning a tech company"

"And guess who her favorite super hero is?" Kate pointed at Amara.

"Oh my gosh," Amara playfully rolled her eyes.