2.0

A week later, Amara stood in front of Kate, flattening the collar of her button down shirt. She could feel the girls chest tighten under her fingers.

"Breath," Amara looked up at Kate, "It's going to be okay," she slid her hands down her arms.

"What if I ramble or what if I see her and just forget everything? What if I side with her?" Kate pushed her hands through her hair, leaning against the bathroom counter.

"If you think that's what needs to be done, do it. It's okay but you know it's a lie, plus you know no matter what Clint's going to tell the truth?" Amara knew the words were harsh but nothing about this situation was going to be easy. She wanted to support Kate and be there for her but she wasn't going to let her do something she'd regret.

Kate let out a deep sigh, head falling back, rolling around to finally look at Amara again.

"How did it come to this?"

Amara lifted her shoulders with no better response.

"If you feel panicked," Amara took her girlfriend's hands in her's, "Just look to me or Clint, you'll be okay. You're doing the right thing, even though it hurts. Now let me do your hair," she smiled at her. A soft smile pulled at Kate's lips as she turned around.

"You're gonna have to kneel," Amara smiled, hands on Kate's shoulders. Kate let out a small laugh as she bent down sitting on her knees in front of her girlfriend.

A few hours later, Kate and Amara sat at the front of the rows of wooden pews, people sprinkled through out behind them.

Kate held on to Amara's hand, basically crushing her bones with anxiety. Both of the girls watched the lawyers get their items set up for the trial.

"Hey"

The couple turned around at the same time, eyes meeting Clint.

"You came," Kate sounded relived, almost like the two hadn't talked the day before about this exact event.

"Are you taking the stand?" he asked.

Kate just nodded.

"Are you?" Amara asked.

"Yeah, so is Yelena," Clint spoke, glancing over his shoulder for the girl.

"Yelena?" Amara questioned.

"Natasha's sister," Kate looked at Amara.

"She had a sister? Was she also a widow? Where has she been?"

Clint and Kate both just raised a brow at the girl.

"Sorry, not the time for questions," Amara nodded shutting her mouth.

The sound of the judge's gavel hitting wood made the room fall silent, everyone turning to the front, "All rise."

The judge was the first to enter, taking her seat at the front of the room. Then the large dark wood door near the corner of the room swung open an officer leading Eleanor Bishop in to the room, she had a suit on, but not a perfectly tailored Eleanor suit, a borrowed one, her wrists and ankles still cuffed.