2.2

The sounds of pacing and distant conversations rang in Amara's ears, she slowly lifted her head, had she fallen asleep on the couch?

"Ow," her neck ached as she slowly opened her eyes, defiantly not the hotel room, she concluded.

She tried to lift her arms but she couldn't move, she looked down, legs which were tied to the chair. Her arms were tied behind her back.

She looked around, trying to see through the grimy windows. People in all black were spread through out, holding large weapons, a big office window was a floor above everything, the shadow of a huge man reflected in the window, she furrowed her brows, she knew that person.

"Looks who's up"

Amara turned towards the familiar accent, "Yelena?"

"Amara Leos," the blonde smiled, her accent alone made her intimidating, but the gun on her hip was also pretty scary, "Don't worry everything's okay."

"Then why am I tied to a chair?" Amara glanced down to her body.

"Don't worry," Yelena smiled. Amara didn't know weather to trust that smile or to try and scoot her way out of the room.

"Hard to not worry when I was kidnapped on my walk home and then woke up here with you, an ex-widow," Amara kept her voice confident and steady, even though her insides were shaking.

"You've done your research," Yelena now had her back to her, standing in front of a table with a layer of tools and other things Amara couldn't see.

"You could say that"

She had done her research. Laura had taught her self defense but she had also gave her some tips and tricks on spy work, little ways to know your enemy better.

Amara had been curious about Yelena after finding out about her at the trial so next time she went to the bathroom, she a quick search.

While back on the streets of New York, Kate and Clint found Amara's phone, flat on the cement sidewalk. Kate picked up the phone and tapped the screen, it lit up with a photo of Kate and Amara.

Kate couldn't help but smile at the photo. They were both sitting in front of the Barton family's Christmas tree, Amara's hoodie covered arm around Kate's shoulders as they both laughed at something. Kate had on a bright red Santa hat and Amara a pair of light up reindeer ears. Kate remembered Amara making them taking the photo became it was their first Christmas fully out as a couple.

"How do we figure who took her and where they took her?" Kate asked, pocketing the phone, focusing back on the mission.

Clint started towards the street, eyes scanning for anything, his mind focused on finding anything that could be a clue.

Kate followed behind him, "What if they hurt her? She can't defend herself, we'll she can but she shouldn't have to, I should of come with her to dinner, I should of-"

"Kate!" Clint snapped, the two now in the middle of the road, he bent down, "There's fresh oil leaking from whatever car probably took her, there's a puddle over there," he pointed towards the sidewalk right under tony of where they had found her phone, "That leads this way, we can follow it."