2.7

Thalia and Amara spent the next day on the couch, watching movies, eating anything and everything. Amara cried at every slightly sad scene they saw.

"What should I do with my life?" Amara looked over at Thalia.

"Don't ask me, I don't even know what I'm doing with my own," Thalia leaned forward to pick up another slice of pizza.

"Maybe I should beg Mom and Dad for my job back," Amara stared up at the ceiling.

"No," Thalia shook her head, "What about your art?"

"What about it?"

"Maybe theres a studio in the city who needs help, or a gallery."

"But I won't have a degree for that," Amara looked over at her sister.

"So," it was muffled by Thalia's chewing.

"Did I make a mistake last night?" Amara sighed.

"I'm keeping my mouth shut," Thalia declared.

"So that's a yes," Amara rolled her eyes.

"I did not say that," Thalia glared over at her sister.

Amara chewed on the inside of her cheek. She loved Kate more than anyone or anything. She knew she was her person, her forever, but she also knew she needed to find herself.

She was almost twenty-two and had been in a relationship for what felt like forever. They had only officially been a couple for a year and half but they had grown up together. Kate knew Amara better than anyone, and Amara knew Kate better than anyone.

"No," Amara ran her fingers through her hair, "I did it for myself," she declared.

"I think you're going crazy," Thalia scoffed as she got up.

FOUR DAYS LATER

Amara had no classes on Wednesday's so she took it upon herself to travel into the city and all the way to her parents office. Because she knew they would keep their calm in their work place, they never wanted their employees to see them in a negative light.

Amara had worn an outfit that said she meant business, black slacks with a matching blazer and a perfectly fitted turtle neck. She needed her parents to take her seriously today, she needed them to see her as the adult she was.

"Amara?" Bre, the company's secretary sat behind her desk, sat ting up pin straight when she saw the oldest Leos daughter, "I didn't know you were coming today."

"No one did, are they in their offices?" Amara stood in front of her.

"Uhm yeah, should I let them know you're here?"

"No, thank you," Amara smiled at her, walking away, her heels clicking on the tile.

Bre didn't listen. She immediately called Tracy and Alexander's assistants alerting them of their daughters presence.

Amara groaned when she saw her parents assistances awaiting her arrival.

"He's on a call," Maria, Alexander's assistant spoke up quickly.