1.9

More than one dance later, because Kate would never admit it out loud but she liked dancing with Amara, twirling and swinging across the dance floor in fits of laughter, alcohol in their veins.

"Thank you," Amara spoke softly, leaning against Kate in the elevator, her legs jello under her body.

"For what?" Kate's voice brushed her cheek, head on her girlfriend's shoulder, arms wrapped around her.

"For coming out with me tonight," Amara turned to see her, her voice was slow in an alcohol daze, "I needed it."

"I'll go anywhere with you," Kate smiled, more tipsy then she meant to get. Amara turned around in Kate's arms, hand's on her neck, Kate's arms dropping to her hips.

"Now," Amara slid her hands down the girl's chest, "You get," her eyes trailing down her chest, hands wrapping around her waist, fingers through the loop of her jeans, "Your end of the deal," she looked up at Kate, who's heart beat picked up pace, a smirk on the drunker girls face.

Kate slowly unlocked Amara's apartment door a minute later, purposefully being slow now that she knew for sure which drunk version of Amara she was dealing with.

Amara turned towards the fridge.

"Oh no, no, no," Kate pulled the girl away.

"I just want another drink!" Amara whined reaching out for the fridge handle.

"You need water," Kate's tone was stern and protective, making Amara's knees weak for a whole new reason. Amara just dramatically crossed her arms over her chest and pouted as Kate glided through the kitchen getting her drunk girlfriend a glass of water.

"You're cute when your mad," Kate teased handing her the water. Amara just shook her head.

"Drink," Kate demanded.

"I don't need water"

"Amara, you do need water"

"No"

"You're only making things worse for yourself," Kate's voice was playful now.

Amara perked up at her tone, taking the water from Kate, "So what if I don't drink it?"

"Drink it, then meet me in the bedroom and I'm being serious, you need some water," Kate said as she backed away from the girl. 

Amara decided maybe a sip of water would help the spinning in her head, even though now she wasn't sure if it was from the alcohol or Kate's assertiveness.

Amara made her way into her bedroom, leaving her shoes in the hallway. She turned into the bedroom, finding Kate still dressed, tight jeans still hugging her legs and the looser graphic tee she had on still tucked into the top of the jeans while she sat on the storage trunk at the end of Amara's bed.

Kate's eyes didn't leave her phone when she heard Amara come in, she just patted her leg. Amara made her way over to standing in front of Kate, who still didn't look up. She slowly sat down, a leg on either side of Kate's thigh, waiting for instruction she looked down at Kate eagerly.

"You know what to do," Kate's eyes staid on the phone.

"Kate," Amara whined.