1.3

The car dropped Amara off where the party had been, there was no one around now, just a few random weapons scattered across on the concrete, she picked up a baseball bat just in case.

She made her way around the building, looking for anyone at this point, but it was quiet besides the sirens in the distance. She slowly turned the corner, finding a car, she watched it run to the side of the building knocking down the glass window.

A gasp left Amara's lips before she inched closer and closer to the scene.

As she got closer she could hear Kate's voice and a deeper man's voice she didn't recognize.

Something took over Amara as she heard the deep laugh from the man, and a loud crash of something hitting the floor in the store.

Amara sneaked behind the huge man walking towards Kate, who was on the floor recovering from the crash. She rushed up behind the man, swinging the bat as hard as she could against his head. Her mouth hung open when he barely flinched, turning towards her.

Kate finally saw who was behind the random hit, her eyes going wide, "Amara! No!"

Amara took another swing at him, trying to help, only ending with herself getting thrown into the broken brick wall and giving Kate just enough time to form a new plan.

Amara's head spun and her whole body ached as she slumped against the floor, adrenaline still pumping through her body as she tried to get up, getting knocked back down by some flying sparks. 

After the explosion, Kate rushed to stand up, making her way across the store to Amara, who still laid on the floor, dust on her face, a couple small cuts on her cheek.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay? Why would you do that!" Kate rambled, gently holding her girlfriend's tired face into her hands.

"I just need to catch my breath, I'm okay," Amara forced a smile.

"God, you gave me a heart attack! Never do that again!" Kate snapped at her, eyes analyzing her cuts, "You need a doctor."

"I'm fine," she started to stand up, "They're just a couple cuts," a sharp pain in her core making her suck in a breath.

"Stay here," Kate put her hands on Amara's shoulder as she stood up to go check on her mom, who Amara hadn't seen in the car, and meet the approaching cop cars.

Amara took the time while Kate was gone to slowly stand up, her head pounding from the explosion, ears ringing, her whole body aching, holding a hand to her ribs where the pain was the worst.

Once she made it outside she watched the cops put Eleanor into the back of their cop car.

"What's going on?" Amara's voice was low and broken as she slipped around the hood of the car.

"Uhm, it's a lot to explain," Kate turned to her, slowly putting her arm around Amara's torso to help her walk as she led her back around the building to where she thought Clint would be.

The couple limped around the corner finding Clint sitting on the back of an ambulance truck.

"You two look just great," Clint dryly chuckled looking at the girls.