1.5

After a fun dinner, a dinner that actually felt like an actual family dinner, not like an interrogation. They all watched a Christmas movie before bed.

Now with her face washed and hair pulled into a braid as she sat scrolling through photos on her phone; a tiny newborn Thalia sitting in the lap of a smiling three year old Amara, another of Amara's graduation day from when her sister and mom were gone a photo of them in her hands as she smiled.

She wiped her nose with a sniffle as she scrolled to another photo; Thalia making a funny face with straws under her lip like a walrus at the party they had gone to the first night Amara came home for winter break.

"Hey," a light knock made Amara turn her head, finding a sleep ready Kate, wearing red flannel pants and a black archery team shirt.

"Hi," Amara softly smiled, wiping a tear from her cheek, adjusting her seating on the bed before patting the empty spot beside her.

Kate sat beside her on the bed, "How ya feeling?"

"I'm okay," Amara shrugged, messing with the ring on her right ring finger, a gift for her sixteen birthday from her parents.

"I got something for you," Kate pulled a little box from the pocket of her pants, "I got it before all of this happened, before I gave you the bracelet and whatever, uhm"

"Kate," Amara put her hand on the girls wrist. Kate got the signal that she was rambling.

"Here," Kate handed her the box.

Amara held the palm sized box in her hand, slowly lifting the lid, revealing two earrings, short knifes hanging from the piercing, bright red garnets hanging from the end of the knife.

"I found this company months ago, they make Greek mythology inspired jewelry, I even did some research to pick the perfect one's," Kate explained, "I was going to pick Aphrodite because like love and whatever but Athena felt more you then anything, plus she's got some crazy stories, like that spider one! Woah"

Amara smiled up at Kate, hearing her talk about one of Amara's interests made her a little emotional. Kate had been listening, something she had doubted just a few days ago.

"Thank you," she smiled, putting her hand on the girl's cheek, lightly pulling her face to her's, kissing her on her cheek.

"You're welcome," Kate turned her face to her girlfriend's, glancing at her lips before pressing their lips together. The two of them got lost in the kisses for a second, slow and sweet kisses. Kate's hand holding Amara's face.

"I got," Amara started to speak between kisses, "You something," a few more kisses, "Too"

"It can wait," Kate smiled into the kisses, her hand wrapping around the back of the girl's neck, pulling her closer.

"But I want give it to you," Amara pulled away, pouting.

"Go get it," Kate smiled, her hands falling into her lap as Amara got off the bed, walking over to her open suitcase on the floor.

"Okay, here, I also got it before the craziness," she lightly chuckled, handing Kate the small box, similar to the one she had handed Amara just a minute ago, "It's a little silly now but oh well"

Kate opened the box, her eyes meeting a little silver pin in the shape of an arrow, stars that looked like they were wrapping around the length of the arrow, "It's beautiful, Mar," Kate looked up at Amara sweetly.

"I thought you could put in on your competition uniform before but now you have the cool new suit, which you probably don't want to ruin with a pin," Amara looked down at the pin.

"Are you kidding?" Kate exclaimed, looking up at Amara, "I have the perfect spot on my new suit, right over my heart," she held her hand to her chest. Their grey and brown eyes met, swelling with love and admiration.

"Merry Christmas," Amara smiled at her.

"Merry Christmas," Kate smiled, leaning over to kiss the girl. A knock on the door making both girl turn to see who it was.

"Okay you two," Clint cleared his throat, arms crossed over his chest, "To your room, Kate"

Kate nodded, standing up, "Goodnight to you both," she slipped out of the room.

Standing on her tiptoes over Clint's shoulder, she blew Amara a kiss, making the dark haired girl on the bed smile.

"Bed. Kate," Clint didn't even have to look to know she was still there.

"Goodnight!"

Once Kate was gone, Clint entered the room, taking a seat next to a stiff Amara who wasn't sure what was happening.

"You're good for her," Clint started.

"Is that really what you came in here to tell me?" Amara looked over at the archer.

"No," he shook his head, running his hand over his face, "Uhm, actually maybe a little bit," he looked over at Amara.

"You keep her grounded, she's impulsive but knowing she has to come home to you, makes her think though her choices more," he explained with a soft smile, thinking about his own family who kept him grounded.

"Yesterday was the most structured I'd seen her, minus the tree thing," he chuckled, "That's also not why I came in here though. I wanted to make sure you're okay," he looked over at her.

"I will be," Amara half smiled.

"Also I know you talked to Laura, and be careful when she trains you she may look sweet but she's tough"

Amara laughed a bit.

"You left a lot behind there"

"I know," Amara sighed, pressing her thumb into her palm, "I called my sister today. I feel the worst for leaving her with them."

"She can come visit," he offered.

"Thanks," Amara smiled.

"Honey," Laura came into view from the hallway, "Stop harassing the poor girl"

"I'm not harassing her!" Clint defended himself as he got up to meet his wife at the door.

"I asked Kate where you were and she said, and I quote, 'he kicked me out to interrogate Mar'," Laura teased her husband, his arm around her shoulders as she looked up at him.

"We'll she's wrong"

Amara admired the couple, she wanted what they had, pure true love. They were still in awe of each other after so many years and the trust they had in each other. They were the picture perfect couple.

"Well let's let her sleep, she's had a long few days," Laura looked over at Amara with a sweet smile, "Goodnight"

"Goodnight," Amara smiled as the couple shut the door; quietly, playfully bickering about what Clint had been talking to Amara about, making the girl giggle as she switched off the lamp on the bedside table and started to fall asleep.