•𝟐𝟏•

Jungkook P.O.V.-

I can't stop smiling. He's too cute. I love him with all my heart and soul. I know he's the one for me, but he's dating someone else. I wouldn't want to intrude on that, right? He probably wouldn't either. God, I really do love him.

-
jjk.the.bunny: why do people do that tho?
kth.the.alien: do what kookie
jjk.the.bunny: give mixed signals-
jjk.the.bunny: like its hard to understand ppl when they do that
kth.the.alien: no idea, sounds mean
kth.the.alien: why?
jjk.the.bunny: no reason just wondering
kth.the.alien: ah okay
kth.the.alien: ur so cute
-

I slammed my phone down face-down on the bed.

What. The. Actual. Fuck?

"Jungkookie, come down! Dinner is ready!" Eomma called out, cutting off my thoughts.

"Okay, coming!" I replied before looking at thelong mirror next to my closet.

Sitting with crossed-legs on my bed, I had my phone in my hands resting on my knees. I'm hunched forward towards the phone and my hair is a mess. I'm wearing gray sweat-shorts and no shirt, and then I notice the unnecessarily red hue spreading on my face. It travels all the way down to my shoulders up to my ears.

Annoyed by my posture, I sit up a little straighter and turn off my phone. Did he just call me cute? I had to confirm that I wasn't imagining it. I opened my phone and saw the words on my screen again. Yep, they were real.

I shut off my phone and tossed it to the end of the bed, bringing my legs in, hugging them and hiding my face. I could feel my face progressively getting hotter as I tried not to scream.

Usually I would try to calm down before I faced my parents, but, today, I said screw it. I grabbed the black short-sleeved V-neck that was hanging on the back of my chair and pulled it over my head before walking out.

When I walked downstairs, my mothers were already eating. I waddled over and plopped into my chair, eating silently. Mom, who was just talking to Eomma, suddenly stopped and stared at me while I ate. I tried ignoring it and just kept focusing on my chewing, but I could feel her eyes shooting lasers into the top of my head.

Finally, I looked up and she was smirking. "What? Why are you looking at me, mom?"

"Your face is red."

"And?"

"It only gets red when you're embarrassed." My mom retaliated.

"Or when you're scared," Eomma suggested, while still focusing on her food.

"That's true. When you're nervous, you get pale. It's the exact opposite. Very weird." Mom nodded at Eomma's statement, then spoke to me with her fork pointed at me, her mouth half full, "So what's up, Jungkookie?"

I roll my eyes. Sometimes I feel like my mothers know me too well. It would be so much easier to hide things from them if they didn't know me from the inside out. Either way, it's not like I'd lie to them anyways.

"Just my stupid crush.." I mumble, filling my mouth with another spoonful of rice.

"On Taehyung, right?" Eomma says without looking up, resuming to blow on her food after she commented. It makes my head shoot up and look at her with wide eyes.

"How do you know his name?" I look at them both and they start smiling at each other. "What is it?"

"Jungkookie, you talk in your sleep," Mom said, like that's all the explanation I needed. And it was. I started turning red again, I could feel my cheeks getting hotter by the second. After processing what she meant by that, in which I've mentioned him before in my sleep, I just started looking around for an excuse, as if it were written on the furniture.