•𝟐𝟒•

Jimin P.O.V.-

I internally freaked out. "Why was he looking at me? I didn't talk to him, did I?"  Holy shit. I almost got caught. I can't get caught. I just can't, no matter what. It feels as if i've been cheating on Tae, but technically, I haven't. Just one big, fat, horrible lie.

I look at myself in the mirror, studying my outfit and deciding what to change. I'm meeting the two most conflicting people in my lives in about 15 minutes at my favorite food joint. I just want to make sure I look good. The house is quiet, too quiet. Not too irregular. Today just felt different somehow. I think Taehyung's assumption shook me up a little.

Plain black shirt and black tight jeans, and one of my favorite striped jackets that says "Never get covered by another darkness, illuminate your own light." It just has such a beautiful message, and also it's just amazingly comfortable. (a/n: spring day stage outfit lmao)

I tilted my head, thinking hard. It's missing something.

I ruffle my hair a little, giving it the effortlessly messy-cute look. "Hmm. Oh- I'm so stupid," I voice over to myself while walking over to my jewelry box. I grab some small silver hooped-earrings and slowly put them on, looking back in the mirror. I pulled my sleeves over my hands and sighed. This is fine. 

I looked around my room one last time before walking out, to the rest of the empty house.

Through the hallway, I see pictures of mostly me as a baby, then as a child, and then some from a couple years ago. The only thing is, most of them, I'm alone. A baby-sitter or a friend took them. Not even my own parents. I smile and grab the most recent one. A trip 3 summers ago with my family and Taehyung's. It was a week long, we spent at a beach house that my parents rented.

I remember the last morning, I woke Taehyung up early so we could finish packing before out parents woke up. I figured we'd have enough time to go swimming one more time before we left this paradise. So, while it was still mostly dark outside, me and Taehyung ran outside and went swimming. There was barely anyone there on the sand, some kids playing in the sand with there parents next to them, but we were the only upbeat ones. You'd assume we came from a whole different time zone with how jumpy and loud we were. 

As soon as we got in, we started splashing each other and laughing. At some point, we went deeper in the water, where it was more isolated. The sun was just barely coming up, so it was pretty dark. Tae tackled me and we just played around, dunking each others heads in the water.

It was one of the best days of my life, I think. And it just suddenly got better. After what felt like hours, the sun came up a little, so we could see the thin glimmer of light reflecting against the waves around us. I could see the highlights in his hair, making it shine more than usual. It outlines his nose, his eyes, his lips. I stared, I remember that. For no specific reason, it reminded me that I'd liked him for a long time before that, since grade school.

We calmed down by then, and just continued to swim around and talk, with no care in the world. I could see his face better, and our bodies were becoming prunes. Then I had the moment that I would never forget.

-Flashback-

Taehyung looked up into the sky, lighting his face up in all the right spots. He looked like an angel. His eyes flicked back at me and I looked away, embarrassed.

"Jimin-ah, we should head back. It's almost 6, I think. The suns coming up, so we have to dry off before we leave."  He smiled at me.

I watched his lips move the whole time, blush covering my dark and wet face. My hair was dripping onto my cheeks, and I didn't feel like moving it, engulfed by his visuals. But apparently, Taehyung did.

Taehyung leaned forward and moved my hair from my face, and I froze, my heart running a mile a minute. He acts as if we can do this stuff, like it doesn't affect him. Like it doesn't make his heart skip a beat.

He backed away, noticing my staring for the first time since he spoke. "Uh.. Jiminie?"

I couldn't look away. He was just so beautiful, and it captivated me. I knew that I shouldn't but I had the urge. It was dark, the scenery was beautiful, he was beautiful. It was the perfect moment if anything. "Go for it," I told myself. So I did.

I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, kissing him in the water. We were surrounded by lapsing waves, hitting our bodies and moving away. I could feel him using his arms and legs to keep us both up, but I didn't have a care in the world at that moment. I just had to get it out. Even if we drowned right after.

Looking back, I realized that I was young and dumb.

Then I felt him kiss back, briefly. It shocked me, so much that I pulled away, releasing him from my grip. And I instantly wished I didn't.

It was then that I realized what I did, blushing, turning and swimming away. "You're right- we should be heading back."

Suddenly he grabbed my arm and I was forced to turn back to him. I felt my heart jump at the motion, and I don't know what I expected- maybe another kiss- but instead, his next words broke my heart.

"Jimin-ah, can we.. not mention this? Like, ever? It was just us being stupid and getting caught up in the moment, you know." He looked away, as if we shouldn't have done that.

I felt myself crack in a million different directions. Instead, I just numbly nodded. "I understand," I said, planting a small smile on my face.

He looked instantly relieved, hugging me. "Thank you Jimin. Come on now, they'll probably wonder where we are." 

Taehyung smiled sweetly at me and I reciprocated, before we both swam back to shore.

It was then that I realized:

I had no chance.

-Flashback End-

I remember that when we got back after that trip, I wanted to forget that ever happened. That was when I met Choi Joowon. The love of my life for 9 months after that summer. Taehyung never did anything about it, and so neither did I. He know Joowon, but he doesn't know that he's the reason I let Joowon in my life. At first it was out of spite, heartbreak, moving on, but after a couple months, I really did start to love him. But as it turns out, I always went for the wrong people.

I put the portrait down with a small smile, taking a deep breath and walking out to meet the two boys that pulled me into their drama this year: Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook.

---

a/n:

mostly a fill-in chapter ngl :D

- me <33