•𝟐𝟑•

Jungkook P.O.V.-

Do I feel bad for lying? A little.

Do I regret getting his attention? No.

I wasn't going to go through with it when he said he felt sorry for me about my mom falling, but, hey. He gave me the attention I craved. There were many many better ways to get him to talk to me, but it was just the timing.

I didn't think he'd actually believe me. What was I supposed to do? I might've gone slightly too far by talking about 911, but he didn't respond. God, that makes me sound like a needy brat. ... Well-

"I'm so sorry about your mom, Jungkook." Some girl walked past me, reminding me I was still walking down the hallway. At school.

"Oh, thank yo- wait, what?" I paused in my tracks, turning to look at her and she shrugs at me.

"I heard about your mom falling, I hope she's alright." She gives me an annoying sympathetic smile and continue to rush to her class.

How did she know? Did everyone know? Does word spread that fast? Fuck. I've messed up.

-

After school, I started to walk back home like everyday, multiple people smiling and waving "goodbye" at me for the day. All fake, but I could only play along.

Then suddenly Jimin started rushing towards me, so I slowed on instinct. He slowed to a walk next to me and thats when I finally noticed Taehyung was next to him. How did I not notice him first?

"Hey Jungkook-ah. Me and Tae just wanted to say sorry about your mom. You've probably heard that a lot today, but I just wanted to give you extra support." Jimin said, a small sympathetic smile showing on his face, matching everyone else.

Yet somehow it meant more to me than the others. I felt myself smile back.

"Yeah, We're really sorry about.. you know-" Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, looking away. That was new.

I swear he was two different people online and in person.

"Thanks you guys.." Then I thought of something. If I'm trying to be friends with them, might as well share a couple secrets. "Well, can I tell you guys something?"

"Of course" Jimin-hyung smiled more energetically this time, and I realized I missed a right turn and we were now going to Taehyung's house. Not that I minded. If they noticed, they didn't say anything either.

"How do I say this.. Um, remember how I said my mom fell down the stairs and I had to call 911?" I was looking at Taehyung when saying this, but before he could respond, Jimin did for him.

"Oh, yeah we remember." He bit his lip. Huh.

"Yeah, well, um- the thing is-" I sighed, "She didn't actually. I used it as a conversation starter and you never responded, so I escalated it and so on..-" I paused at Taehyung's expressionless face clashing with Jimin's confused face.

I noticed we weren't moving and cleared my throat, looking down. "Sorry."

Taehyung cleared his throat as if to respond to mine and I glanced back up. He was looking at Jimin super confused and Jimin shrugged and looked at me, making eye contact.

I looked away, suddenly giddy. Like a child getting caught staring at a pretty person.

"Its.. okay." Taehyung said after what felt like forever.

I looked up fully at both of them, remembering my list and their date that Yeonjun showed me a bit ago and brightened a little bit, ignoring the suddenly quick beating of my heart.

"Hey, do you guys want to meet up later this week, maybe Saturday? Or whenever you guys are free- Maybe to Bangtan Burgers. Never been but I heard their food is pretty good." I rubbed the back of my neck, slightly embarrassed for some reason.

Jimin nodded with a smile and looked at Taehyung. Sometimes I feel like they both need to agree on something to think together with their shared brain. It sometimes makes me feel left out, but I understand.

Taehyung shrugged, a small smile spreading on his face. "Yeah, why not. What time?"

"How about 1? For lunch?"

"Sounds good!"

"Great! I'm gonna head home, so- bye guys."

"Bye."

"See you!"

I turned and started walking the correct way to the path home. My head and heart had a little pep- more than usual.

For no reason, I actually started skipping home.

No reason. At all.

---

Taehyung P.O.V.-

"Why was he looking at me?" I looked at Jimin, suddenly in my hoodie laying next to me on my bed. He shrugged and kept playing the game on his phone.

"I didn't talk to him, did I? Huh." I scratched my head in confusion until Jimin turned and looked at me with a small smile, somehow not exactly meeting my eye.

"Don't think about it too much, Taetae-ah. He was probably just looking at both of us, nothing too meaningful-" He shrugs as he says this and I consider the thought.

"You're right, I'm probably overthinking it." He nods again in response.

When me and Jungkook made eye contact, I felt suddenly energized. It was weird, and I haven't felt that from anyone other than Jimin in a long time. Especially not from Jungkook. I want to like him, but every time I see him, it reminds me of the girl sucking faces with him that day. It makes me hate him, but it's harder to hate him lately.

When he asked to meet at the burger place, I felt so relieved. 'Maybe he wants to make up and become friends,' I thought. Hopefully he won't prove me wrong.

I gave up on the thought and looked back at Jimin, laying on his stomach playing his game, wearing my white hoodie and shorts. I swear, that man looks cute in anything. What I would give to have that trait.

I turned and wrapped my arms around him from the back, making him flinch but giggle. "What are you doing?"

"What, I can't cuddle my boyfriend?" I smiled at the last word, and I didn't need to see Jimin's face to know he was too.

He turned around to face me, our position suddenly becoming half-cuddling and half-sexual. I leaned down to kiss him and he put his hands on my cheeks, keeping me there. I could get addicted to his kisses, his hands, his warmth, just him.

In fact, I think I already am.

---

a/n:

ehehehheh :) im obsessed in a new bl pls send help.

- me <33