Breathing (Request)

I really didn't think I could do it. I'd always slept alone. I could never sleep with my parents even if there was a thunderstorm or I'd had a nightmare. So how was I supposed to sleep in the same bed as Niall, even if he was my husband?

He had already opened up the covers, and I couldn't help that I was breathing quicker than normal.

"Niall, I don't know if I can--" I spoke up, choking on nothing but still having trouble breathing afterwards.

"I won't bite," he chuckled, and I tried smiling. It kind of worked. I sat down on the bed, but I felt his pressure on the opposite side and started again.

What if he wants to cuddle? What if I toss and turn too much and wake him up? What if I snore loudly? How am I supposed to know? I rambled in my head, feeling my cheeks begin to redden. My stomach ached with worry, and I kind of just wanted to run away.

"Hey," he called, and I was startled out of my thoughts. "You okay?" I swallowed hard, nodding yes.

"It's just a little hot in here," I spoke, and he chuckled.

"I can turn on the AC," he offered, and I nodded, still not looking at him. He climbed into bed after that, getting comfortable before looking at me just staring at him.

"Something wrong?" he asked again, furrowing his eyebrows at me and reaching out to touch my hand that was on the bed. I pulled it away without a second thought, probably confusing him even more.

"I've never shared a bed before," I breathed out, and he nodded, sitting up.

"We're just sleeping. Nothing more, hopefully nothing less," he reassured me, but I still chewed on the side of my cheek nervously.

"The couch is also a place to sleep," I suddenly thought. "I'll be out there." I stood up to go, and Niall sighed pretty loudly. I felt my breathing slow down as I opened the door, but it completely stopped when he grabbed my hand.

"Lauren," he called, making me look at him. "If it's bothering you so much, I'll go sleep on the couch," he told me, walking out of the door and letting my hand fall back to my side before I could say anything else. I closed the door, blinking.

Maybe I'll be able to sleep now, I thought, slipping into the covers. But was I wrong. Knowing he was out there on that uncomfortable couch probably didn't help me sleep and apparently he couldn't either because I heard the knock on the door and knew he was wanting a soft bed.

I opened it slowly, but he pushed it open the rest of the way when he saw my concerned face. He pulled me right into his chest, one of my feet stumbling right between his two.

"I know you're nervous but you're doing just fine," he whispered as we stood there. "Everything you do is perfect to me." I felt my breathing pick up once more, nodding against his shoulder.

So we climbed into bed together without another word, and I used his steady breathing to stabilize my own. Even though we didn't touch quite yet, he was the one who finally helped me fall asleep.

.

.

thanks to sweetpieharry for requesting this! hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

lots of couches this week huh

I hope you all have a wonderful day today! I love you all and more imagines tomorrow and forever probably lol

Mel x

p.s. I'm literally having a nightmare while I'm awake it's kind of weird