Together (Request)

I hate to say that I was keeping a secret from the one who would be my spouse as I was walking down the aisle.

I was so elated that it felt like those heels I'd been struggling to break in were clouds. I didn't know how he would react when I told him I was pregnant, but I guess that meant I didn't know him very well. Those thoughts always made me upset.

But the thoughts that came along with a child growing inside of me weren't that comforting either. Sometimes I would lie awake beside him with my mind running at the speed of light. But it was day in and day out that questions and strange answers slowly drowned me.

What would we name the baby? What size baby clothes would I need? What store was the best to get them? Which bedroom in the house we were buying for after we were married would we give the baby? What color would we want it to be? What store would have the best paints? What would happen if it was a boy? A girl? Which parent would be there favorite when the grew up?

At that point my brain would shut itself off. I couldn't think about that. I didn't even want to think about telling Niall, yet that was all that would be on my mind.

When the ceremony ended, I realized Niall's kiss had only calmed me a little, and my worry levels were running high. Something had kept me from telling him all that time before, but I began to find reasons to finally tell him. 

I didn't want to have to carry the burden of all those questions by myself. I wanted the both us to think and worry and wonder about all those things.

We made the baby together, it should only be together that we experience this, I spoke to myself as we walked into the reception.

We talked for a while, but the smiles on my face dimmed with guilt as time progressed.

Finally, when Niall was about to prepare his speech, I found the motivation to tell him.

He stood up to start speaking, glancing down at me with a cheeky smile as he buttoned his suit coat. I pulled on his sleeve a little before someone could hand him the microphone, alerting him.

"Niall," I called, glad that everyone was still as loud as ever around us. "I'm pregnant." I watched his eyes widen as he stared at me, the thought popping into my head that he wouldn't want that to be said right then.

He stepped backwards a little, nearly slipping right off of the platform we were on.

"Say it again?" he whispered, leaning right in towards my face.

"I'm pregnant," I repeated, starting to worry again. I looked into his eyes again as he pulled away to do the same, seeing a little bit of fear there.

But he took me and kissed me, long and hard and soothing and reassuring me that I'd done right by telling him.

I watched him grab the microphone, speaking into it very softly, "We're pregnant." Lucky for me, it wasn't on, so I had a little time to be completely shocked. I didn't think he was one to announce something so suddenly like that. I guess I still didn't know much about him, but I wanted to know everything. That was why a ring was on my finger, after all.

He rushed and turned on the microphone, his fingers shaking.

"We're pregnant," he spoke again, not able to say it any louder than he already had. Everyone, family, friends, and otherwise took in a breath, and Niall dropped he mic.

He took my hands and looked at me for a long time before he lifted me up ever so slightly and kissed me like he never had before.

I couldn't have felt more happy and anxious for the future. A new child, a new house, a new life.

But we got through it, just like we did with everything else for the rest of our lives.

.

.

thanks to  for requesting! I hope you liked it, and I'm sorry for the wait! btw I don't know where you went bc I can't find you anywhere! sorry babe lol 

I hope you all liked it too! I'm so happy I can update every day like I want to

Thank you for giving me the best life ever

Mel x

p.s. selfie sticks are actually really cool and like useful