Lame (Request)

"Aren't you excited?" Mel yelled in front of me, and I walked a little faster to catch up to her.

"Yeah, to go home when this is all over," I chuckled, and she turned to frown at me. 

"You're meeting One Direction but you'd rather go home?" she sighed, and I nodded. Yes, they were cool, but the fact that I was being forced and that I didn't particularly feel well didn't really make me want to stay and meet them. 

We were taken backstage, and I was a tiny, tiny bit excited. We waited for a few minutes, allowing Mel to squeal to herself and try to calm down. I was about to take a seat on the ground and probably nap when she stopped hyperventilating. 

"Hello," Liam spoke up, walking towards the two of us. I turned and smiled, seeing that they were all so much more attractive in real life. 

"Hey," Mel spoke, much more composed after they showed up. 

I didn't remember most of it, honestly. I was tired and distracted, but they asked us a few questions, like where we lived and what our favorite songs were and just a bunch of small talk. 

Mel was all over Niall especially, and I didn't necessarily blame her. He was really cute. I mostly stood back, laughed at jokes and watched. 

Eventually, we could tell they were tired, so Mel spoke up.

"Do you guys wanna go grab drinks or something?" she wondered, and they all seemed to agree. 

Just as we were about to leave, Niall spoke up. I met his eyes, seeing his quickly flit away from mine. 

"You guys go on, I need to grab something, but I'll catch up," he smiled, and I watched them all nod. I planned to take a taxi home, tired of standing and smiling. 

I was halfway out the door when Niall grabbed my hand and pulled me behind the wall. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, a little disoriented and off balance. 

He got very close to me, and I panicked a little. 

"Do you mind telling me something?" he nearly whispered. I blinked rapidly, shrugging.

"Sure," I let out, and he let go of my hand. 

"Do you have a map? Because I'm lost in your eyes." I kept eye contact with him even though his cheeks were growing red, trying to see if he was joking or not. When he groaned and put his face in his hands, I began to blush, too. Had he really just said that?

"I didn't know how to tell you that you're pretty," he sighed through his fingers. I held back a smile, thinking quickly. I was happy, glad that at least someone thought that. 

"Well, you're pretty cute, too," I told him, waiting for his face to appear again. He let his hands come off of his face after a few seconds, and he looked at me.

"I'm sorry, that was lame of me," he sighed, shaking his head. I shrugged. 

"It's okay," I spoke, cutting myself off awkwardly, not quite sure how to tell him I was just as lame. He gave me a confused look, wanting me to continue as his cheeks returned to a normal color. 

"Are you google? Because you have everything that I'm searching for," I let out, curious to see what he would do. For a few seconds he did what I had done, looking to see if I was serious. I lifted my hands to let him know that I didn't know what was wrong with me either. He turned his head to laugh loudly, and I naturally joined in, knowing he'd gotten what I meant.

And it may not have been the smoothest beginning to a relationship, and our pick-up lines were pretty lame, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

.

.

thanks to Niam_Horanye_AF for requesting! not sure where you went babe, i hope you liked it! so sorry for the wait :(

look how good im doing oh my gosh 

I LOVE YOU GUYS YOURE ALL SO SWEET SDLGJNGSKND

Mel x