Lost and Found (Request)

Times I had the night shift were always the worst, but that one was alright.

I was in the back, getting out the mop and bucket from the closet, when I heard what sounded like knocking. I ignored it, knowing I always managed to psych myself out during nights. I convinced myself it was the wind.

I hauled all of the cleaning products out, scoffing at the two coffee mugs left in a booth.

Louder than before, the knocking happened again, that time scaring enough to make me jump. I looked up angrily, after the mugs had already shattered, seeing some guy shivering at the locked door.

I stepped over the mess, pulling it open.

"I don't know if you've noticed," I started, getting warm again after he closed the door. "But we're closed." He coughed briefly, and I wondered why the heck he was there.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, pulling off his hood and glancing at the glass around my feet. "I came to get what I left." I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing around.

"There was nothing in our lost and found," I told him, grabbing the broom I'd brought out. I swept it all into a pile as he caught his breath. It was brutally cold out there.

"Actually it's right here," he spoke, and I turned to see what he had found. When I found his eyes only on me, he smiled lightly, cheeks pink from the wind. Right then, I recognized him. He came in everyday, everyday ten minutes after my shift began. He only got espressos on Mondays. Other than that, he sat on his laptop in the corner for a long time.

When I realized what the whole thing had been about, he was already speaking once more.

"I'd like your heart, you see," he spoke, noticing I had gotten the hang of the situation. "And if not that, at least the privilege to take you on a date." As his eyes bore into mine, I felt my heart pound in my chest. No one had gone to such great lengths to ask me on a date, and with such consideration and sincerity.

"I don't think the counter's open for orders," I got out, joking with him. He caught it, his eyes lighting up like they always did when he took that first sip of coffee at the register on those Mondays. Maybe I'd paid a little more attention than I'd noticed.

"I'm not leaving without what I left," he grinned, his statement true and light-spirited. My hands gripped the broom a little tighter as I tried to figure out how to make this work. I wanted to make it work.

"I see you a lot," I smiled, remembering quite abit about him after a few seconds of thought. "And you don't drink much coffee, considering this is Starbucks," I smirked, grabbing two mugs from the counter.

He raised his eyebrows, and for a second I could see myself falling in love with him.

"I believe what you left here was a coffee for two." I glanced over at him, watching his chest freeze, his breathing halt.

"Two espressos coming right up," I almost shouted, using my work voice. I began to brew something, looking back at him smiling at me.

He didn't lose me ever again.

.

.

thanks to 02onedirection! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, December 3rd, but I hope you liked this!

sorry for the lack of updates yesterday gah i got behind and couldn't catch up, but maybe a double update tmrow? i sure hope hah

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH HOW COULD I EVER STOP POSTING DSKNGS,JGNS

Mel xxxxxxx

i love you hillary you keep me sane

i love you rosie even though my imagine for you will come out so sucky

i love you kay even though you're not here

i love you dad because this makes you proud.