Took the Chance (Request)

My body refused to move. It was him, of course it was. Even with that hood on, I knew it was him.

I saw a few cameramen loitering around his position, and I knew if I interfered there would be trouble for him.

I convinced myself to keep walking, but I would be passing right by him. I wanted to say hello because the chance would never pop up again, but every fiber in my body fought against it.

I tried to be quieter as passed his bench, but then I jumped.

"Hey! There you are! I've been trying to call you!" he grinned at me, beginning to stand. "The car is probably waiting for us by the curb. . .Yep! Let's go."

He didn't touch me at all, but I followed close, hearing him breathing quickly. He kept his hood up, hoping no one would notice him.

"Sorry I didn't answer my phone," I chuckled, too confused but knowing the situation was rough for him. So I played along.

"No big deal. Your mom just wanted to me to find out where you were, cousin," he laughed loudly, throwing an arm around my shoulder. I let out a small smile, my body wanting to drop at his touch.

We hopped in the back of a car, and Niall slid down lower than the head of the seat, sighing out loudly.

"Sorry," he spoke, looking at me. "Jerry will take you wherever you need to go." I shook my head.

"It's okay. You did what you had to," I shrugged, my blood pulsing faster than ever as Jerry started driving.

"You really saved me back there," he breathed out, smiling. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure you saved yourself," I chuckled, looking out the window. He'd taken me by surprised.

"With your help," he countered. I rolled my eyes a little.

"But it was your idea," I told him. I thought I'd beaten him, even though it was a childish spat, and then he dropped his head.

"I thought you were pretty, okay?" he whispered, almost too low for me to hear. He met my eyes once more, and I blinked.

Me? Pretty? Niall Horan? Oh my gosh, my brain spun. I don't think I could mentally comprehend it.

"I saw you walking and wanted to say something, but then I saw all of the cameras around me," he told me as I blushed profusely. "Then all the pieces fell into place when I needed a way out, so I took the chance."

He looked out the window, and I could see he was embarrassed, too. I shook my head, trying to think again.

"Where would you like to go, miss?" Jerry asked me, and I smiled, and I took the chance, too.

"The nearest restaurant, please. This guy over here owes me for saving his life," I grinned uncontrollably, looking over at him. He leaned forward in his seat, chuckling before speaking.

"Actually, nearest ice cream shop," he spoke. His eyes met mine for what he got out at the end there.

"It's hot in here."

.

.

thanks to trina_trio for requesting this! I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait!

I LOVE YOU GUYS and I have a lot of writing to do so bye

Mel xx

p.s. I have a huge headache and I'm at a restaurant but I'm hanging on and sorry for the late update this is the only time I've found wifi :(