House Party (Request)

I wasn't too nervous since I didn't even know the guy. I was walking up to his house after parking a few houses down where there was room when it started to get cold outside. I reconsidered my outfit (pic on top) in my head, but I shrugged it off. House parties were easy to slip out of if necessary.

I took a few breaths and knocked on the door, quickly taking my knuckles and rubbing them. I waited for a few seconds, and I didn't hear anyone. No one else had seemed to want to get there on time, it seemed. Melody was showing up, too, so I wondered where she could have been.

I took it upon myself to knock once more, finally hearing something through the door. It was a fairly large house, but I didn't think it would be able to fit a lot of people. I didn't go to many parties anymore.

When the door came open, both of us were surprised. I was looking over at this blonde guy standing in front of me, with no clothes on, just boxers as he stared right back. I felt my face begin to brighten when he realized. He quickly stepped behind the door, coughing like he had needed to.

"Are you here for the party?" he rushed out, and I found my red cheeks facing the ground. I made a noise that probably meant yes, but that wasn't most important in my mind. I was wondering why the heck he wasn't dressed when he was expecting guests!

"You're a little early," he commented, and I glanced up at him for a second, finding nothing better to do than to take out my phone.

"You said seven o'clock--" I stopped right there, finding myself being choked by disbelief that the numbers said 6:03.

"I must have misread the time," I spoke nervously, beginning to wonder what that encounter would look like from anyone else.

"I'm so sorry," I sighed, shoving my phone back in my clutch. I turned a little to go, chewing on my cheek. "I'll come back." I hated knowing that he would have to watch me shiver back to my car thinking about how stupid I was when he caught me on the third step down by speaking up.

"Actually," he called out, and I centered my balance to turn back, hoping he was still covered by the door. Luckily he was as he continued, saying, "Would you mind staying?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at this guy I'd only met one other time, seeing as how it was a little strange he was telling me to stay.

"I guess," I spoke dubiously, shrugging one shoulder at him. His eyes lit up, and he gripped the edge of the door a little harder.

"Come on in, I need to go put something on," he told me, pushing the door halfway closed. I tiptoed back up the steps, hoping that I was giving him enough time to get out of my line of view for his sake and mine.

I walked inside, standing quietly near the door and thinking how much of an idiot I was. I'd gotten the time wrong, really? I waited patiently, not thinking about what he'd wanted me for until he bounded back down the stairs, fully clothed to my relief.

"Let's pretend that didn't happen," he chuckled, and I bit my tongue.

"All of it," I said softly, and he glanced back at me as he gestured for me to follow.

"So, I know we've only met once, but I need abit of help," he admitted. I fiddled with my hands and nodded, stepping into the elegant kitchen and dining area.

"I'll try," I tried to smile, feeling the air tighten around my shoulders.

"I'm just not sure how to impress my guests." I listened to him saying that, almost feeling like it was a joke. Was he kidding? Was the chandelier that I just stood and waited under not enough? Who would I be partying with?

"O-okay. . ." I dragged out, clenching my jaw and looking around. It was a little untidy, but my room was way worse. My brain began flipping through my internal textbooks, none of which contained much about home decor.

"Any tips would be good," he shrugged, leaning on the counter and resting his chin in his palm. I set my clutch down near him, pushing my hair behind my shoulders with both hands.

"I'd suggest making the lighting abit dimmer," I began, completely faking all of the confidence I pretended to have. We went through the house and turned off lights strategically. Then the pizza arrived, which I helped him set up in the kitchen. Not much small talk went on, but the occasional comment about his house struck up a small story. He also managed to remember my name on the first try. I laughed at one of his joke attempts, and he kept trying, but to make up for wanting to laugh at him, I continued to instruct him on how to present his house.

When I rolled around to thinking about bathrooms, I walked off without even asking for directions. I heard my footsteps on his floor and felt bad, stopping suddenly and hearing him do the same behind me.

"I'm sorry," I let out, turning to face him. I refrained from noticing the dust bunnies peeking out from the sofa a few feet away.

"What's wrong?" he wondered, chuckling a little.

"I took complete control of your house without even asking for permission," I sighed, but I also felt a little out of place apologizing, too. I'd grown surprisingly comfortable there in the forty-five minutes we'd been tidying and strategizing.

"You're a natural," he spoke to me, and I noticed how often he smiled my way. "It's completely fine." I felt the urge to grin a little, too, but the knock emanating from the door behind us called me from those thoughts that led into a textbook I also didn't have.

"I can handle a bathroom or two for now," I smiled a little, seeing his eyes switch from the threshold of the house to me and back. He stepped past me, and I remembered that when he'd wanted to race me up the stairs, we'd both stopped for breath by a bathroom.

I glanced over the banister that overlooked the foyer and door, seeing Niall greeting a few other people. I wished the hour had gone by slower to myself, beginning to realize that maybe I'd enjoyed that alone time and his antics abit too much.

I was about to let myself grin when he turned to look up at him, surprised once more to find me staring down at him. He quickly looked away as I realized I couldn't, but he looked right back just as fast.

I didn't understand the smile on my face, but I did understand that I would be messing up a lot more in the future to get back right back to where I was in that moment.

.

.

thanks to bradford_bad_gurl1 for requesting! so sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

ah man i'm so sorry you guys. school has been hammering me. i honestly have never felt this exhausted because of school. i'm going to work hard to not procrastinate and get my homework done like i did today to make sure these get out everyday. bc if i do then this book with be done again in december, same time as the first book isn't thAT INSANE

HEY HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD INFINITY OMG I CRIED SO HARD EXPECT AN IMAGINE FROM IT

FORGIVE ME I'LL TRY

mel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx