Surprise (Request)

That year, he was the one to wake me up. He shook me until I thought there was an earthquake, my eyes finally popping open.

"Merry Christmas!" he exclaimed, making me blink. I nodded, sitting up and stretching as he waited for me. He took my hand, pulling me down the stairs.

Before we opened presents, I made pancakes for the both of us. He insisted that breakfast could wait, but I made him sit down and eat.

When he finally got me out of the kitchen, I was pretty excited for presents as well. We sat crisscross on the floor, facing the tree.

We opened a couple together, then we watched the other get their gifts. I had gotten Niall so much stuff, but I wasn't surprised when he got me more.

I stood up to get him another present, losing my balance a little and brushing the tree. I felt an ornament detach and panicked. I had made it my goal not to break any that year.

I turned to watch it hit the ground, but it didn't split into a million pieces, just two.

"Gosh," I sighed out, thinking it was an old one that was stronger than most. I went to pick up the two pieces, just about to comment on how weird it was that it split, when I noticed there was something inside.

I furrowed my eyebrows, bending down and picking it up. When I saw what was inside, I didn't smile or scream or realize that he'd been hiding anything, I was completely shocked. He got down on one knee in front of me, grinning like his face wouldn't let him do anything else.

"You're proposing?" I asked quietly, and he snorted, standing up to kiss me briefly.

"Don't look so surprised," he smiled, kneeling back down. I stared at the ring in the well-planned vessel, my face blank.

It took me a while to process everything, and I still wasn't fully awake, so I stood there, silent.

"It's a no, isn't it?" he wondered sadly, nodding. He stood, closing the ball and taking it from me. Just as he was about to turn away, I wrapped my arms around his waist. My surprise had overloaded everything else, but when I saw the look on his face, I knew he was my future husband.

"It's a yes!" I shouted, making sure he heard me. His tense muscles relaxed, and he hugged me back, squeezing the life out of me.

When I let go, he grinned, then quickly sat back down amongst the wrapping paper and boxes.

"Next present, babe!" he exclaimed, and I couldn't help but smile.

I had chosen right.

.

.

thanks to laurasmith24 for requesting this! Sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

I love you all and I'm 2/7 imagines today. I fell asleep on accident D:

Mel xx