Idiots (Request)

I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing I shouldn't do it, but I didn't want anyone to have to feel like that.

I turned around in my seat, opening my mouth to speak and letting out a roar I didn't know I had.

"Leave him alone!" I exclaimed, staring at the three guys surrounding another boy in my grade. They all turned to glare at me, freezing in place, the lunch room becoming silent. "Get off his back, idiots!" I yelled again, and they all completely forgot about him.

I realized what I'd done too late, turning back around and taking out my phone like I could escape their view.

"Who do you think you are?" one of them asked me, standing so close to me he could probably feel how much I was shaking.

"Say it again, Andrea," he continued, and I continued scrolling through Instagram, praying they would go away.

A hand came down from behind me, slamming my phone down on the table.

"Stand up!" another yelled in my ear. I tensed up, wishing someone, anyone- Niall! Where was Niall? He'd been sitting with me only a few minutes before, but he'd gone to say hi to his friends. The whole room was silent, so why wasn't he helping me?

"Just forget about it," the third spoke, and it took a few seconds, but they walked away.

I quickly grabbed my phone, backpack and the rest of my strength and started to leave the cafeteria. I passed the three guys, but they only stared at me for a few seconds before my own eyes locked on Niall, headphones on, not aware of anything.

I struggled, but I managed to get out of the room before I let out a breathy groan that I didn't know I'd been holding in.

I felt my head squeeze together as I slid down the wall so I could breathe. The bell was about to ring, or so I remembered before I'd gotten so mad at those boys I thought I would catch on fire.

Kids gathered at the door to the cafeteria, making my breathing quicken once more when I heard their voices. They weren't talking about me, but I could tell they were still mad.

It took me a second to stand up, still hidden from everyone else's view. I was about to slip away when I heard Niall's voice approaching. He cleared his voice, saying a strangely pleasant hello to the people who would probably kill me if they wanted to. My pounding heart even slowed to hear him and what he would have to say.

"What was up with that idiot?" he started off, and I immediately knew he meant me.

"Yeah, right?" one of them chortled loudly.

"Who does she think she is, anyway?" another spoke.

I was done being terrified of them. I was focused on Niall. My scared shaking had turned to anger quickly.

/How dare he insult me like that? I thought we were friends!/ my entire body screamed. They only continued laughing, his being the loudest, and that made me angrier.

I was about to turn the corner to show them exactly who I thought I was, but as soon as I could see around the bend, I stopped. Niall started speaking, a different look in his eyes than I'd expected to see.

"The bigger idiots are you jerks for picking on her," he shrugged, and they stood there in silence for only a few seconds before he shifted all his energy into punching them. They didn't even have hardly any time to react.

When they were all crumpled against the wall, Niall's eyes met mine, his lips forming a small smile.

I wanted to tell him that I was thankful, but I couldn't really bring myself to do it. I could only smile back, hoping he wouldn't rant about how much an idiot I really had been at lunch.

Those idiots left me alone.

.

.

thanks to Irishbaes_ for requesting this! I hope you liked it, and I'm sorry if it wasn't exactly what you wanted!

hey look! I posted! this one has been half-finished in my drafts for about 3 months now lol

MORE UPDATES TO COME! I got motivation again! and it's officially summer for me starting on Monday! WHOOP OMG

I love you all so much! and thank you for all the kind messages and comments and just general love you've given me over these past couple of rough months!

I HAVE TO GO WRITE MORE IMAGINES NOW OMG

Melody xxxxxxxxxxxx