Empty

Before you start reading this story, this isn't something I normally write. This story is going to contain some very sensitive topics, some that can be triggering for some. This isn't quite a dark fic, but it is a dark fic. This isn't fluff..

Asa Emory/The Collector x F!Reader

I met Asa at the university, I was substituting for the entomology teacher therefore I worked directly with him. Once the teacher came back, we still kept in touch. That turned into me going to see him on his lunch breaks. Us going out to upscale restaurants for dinner, and me spending the night at his place. It easier for me to stay with him due to his schedule and I respect that.

We've been dating officially for 11 months, and things have been great with him up until the last two months. I thought with school being out, he would've had more time to spend with me. I even planned for us to go on vacation, I ended up having to refund them because he told me that he was busy. If anything, he's been gone even more, I ask him what's been going on, if there is any way I could help. He just tells me things at school and he has an extermination service he do when there's break at school. He's gone before I wake up and he comes home late.

I've been trying to talk to him for weeks, but nothing ever changes. I've learned over the years that people actions shows how they feel about you. Of course, it's easier said than done, but over the course of time, I slowly started to move my things back to my place. Once all of my belongings was out of his house, I stayed one more night with him. He didn't acknowledge anything about my things suddenly gone.

Asa is a very observant man, he most likely noticed when I first started to move my stuff out. To me, he didn't care if I stayed or leave. That morning when I woke up, and he was gone, doing whatever he claimed to be doing I wrote him a note.

Thank you, Asa for everything.

In the beginning, all was well. We had fun, we shared a lot of memories together. You exposed me to your loving lifestyle of entomology. To your two lovely dogs, as well as your lovely sense of humor. As much as I wish I wasn't writing this, things have changed in the last few months. You're more distant, more cold, and I don't know why. I wish I knew what I did to cause you to be this way towards me. I had hope you just needed a break, so I planned us a vacation. We never went, and now I barely see you. It got to the point where you just eat and go to sleep. The occasional sex, but there was no love behind it.

I love you and I always will, but I love me more and I just can't do this any more.

My eyes were tearing up, a few drops falling on the paper. I took a few deep breaths and looked around one last time. I put my key to his house on top of the note a long with the butterfly charm bracelet he bought me.

My drive home seemed as if it took forever, but I got home and got to cleaning. I had a about 3 weeks until school start, so I needed to find something to do for the days. Once I finished cleaning, I went down the street to this restaurant. Getting a bite to eat, on my way back home it was a bit dark out. Getting into my car, I noticed someone looking at me from the back seat. I got a hit off of the person before I felt the prick at my neck. I couldn't fight whatever drug it was and I was out quick.

Waking up I was in a very cramped, very dark place, hearing muffled noise around me. I stayed as calm as I could before someone kicked the thing I was in. I let out a yell of course, but things just got quiet after that. After a few minutes, you heard things getting moved around then I started moving. Whoever was pushing this thing, I just hoped they weren't about to push my to my death. After about a few minutes, I noticed we stopped moving and I heard something being unlocked. Soon after I heard a big door open and close.

Testing my luck, I pushed out on the sides of whatever I was in. The one above me is the one that opened a bit. I was in some sort of black trunk like box. I got out and looked around the room I was in. It was a dirty mattress in the corner and a drain in the middle of the floor. Other that, it was a plain concrete room.

I had no sense of time so I'm not sure how long I was in the room. Every time I wake up, I would have water and a sandwich. I would hear people screams throughout the day, traps going off, odd noises. I just stayed in this room all day everyday.

Each day was the same until I woke up bleeding, at first I thought it was my period. Then I remembered I have an IUD and haven't had my period in over a year. Something was very wrong, and as soon as I stood up I felt a sharp pain coming from my abdomen. Not knowing what to do I took my bottom completely off. Leaning over my box, I felt something trying to come out of me. Pushing a bit, I noticed some blood clots passing but one thing stuck out the most. Once I got a good look, I didn't want to look at it anymore. It wasn't even the size of my thumb, but I couldn't dwell on it as my body had other plans. It felt like water was gushing out of me, but it was all pink and red in color. I felt myself getting weak, I didn't eat today. This massive blood lost didn't help either. Making my way over to the mattress, I got my discarded clothes and placed them under my hip. I slept with my upper half on the mattress so I won't get blood on the only place I have to sleep.

I woke up to someone shacking me very hard, they were talking but I couldn't make out their words.

"What?" I mumbled a bit.

"What did you do?" The masked man said, voice sounding very familiar.

"I didn't do anything." I laid back down, heading hurting.

The man called out my name, which confused me, but more so how he seemed familiar.

"What's going on?" He rolled me over to my back so I could look at him.

Once I rolled over I felt another gush flowing out of me. That's probably what he's referring to, I noticed the grape sized lump of tissue was gone.

"I think I'm having a miscarriage." I said completely disconnected.

"You're pregnant?" The man question.

"Well, not anymore." I gestured to all of the blood.

"Did you know?" The man seemed concerned.

"No, I didn't know. If I did I probably wouldn't have left my ex that day. He would've deserved to know, regardless of he felt about me." I looked towards my box.

"How did he feel?" He asked.

"I think he was tired of me, or I just thought he cared but he really didn't in the end. He was growing distant, after multiple failed attempts to fix… us. I just decided that it was time for me to leave, and over the span of a week, I moved all my stuff from his place. I went out to eat, then you got me, I don't know how much time has went by since then."

"I truly was busy, but that is my fault for the lack of communication. The summer is when I can spend the most time here. My collection here is important to me, I hope that you can accept this. I'll have you one way or another." He spoke.

The last statement didn't go unnoticed, nor did his chosen pronouns. There was no doubting that the man in front of me is Asa.

"I'm not going to leave this place alive am I?" I looked him in the eye for the first time.

I got no response, just black eyes staring back at me.