Spared 2/3

Jason Voorhees x Reader

I started with the cabins that the kids stayed in, gathering all the sheets and covers. I washed them all then put them back on the beds. I briefly wondered what the other counselors were doing. As I walked out on the dock, I noticed someone standing in the tree line. Trying to see better, they had a hockey mask on. I didn't dwell on it too much, people often come out here to pull pranks.

I made sure all the swimming gear was functioning and in place. All the toys were organized and cleaned. I went to the cabin to go see what the counselors were doing.

Calling out to them, I didn't get a response. They must've went to town to pick up more supplies.

As I walked towards the bathrooms with the cleaning supplies, it felt like someone was watching me. I cleaned the bathroom quickly, my suspicion was starting to kick in.

I was out at the archery range when it started to pour down raining. I ran to the area that covered me from the rain. I knew I had to make it to the cabin soon, it was going to rain heavier. I had to get my nerves ready to run to the cabin, I didn't have a jacket. I prepped myself, and started running.

I paced myself so I could get far enough without being to out of breathe. I knew the path, and I could see, so I made sure I didn't trip over any tree roots. I made it to the cabin, one of the doors were wide open. Going inside, I closed it and called out everyone names. I got no answer, so I went checking rooms. When I saw bloodstains, I grew concerned and searched for anyone. I went to my room and changed clothes, putting on some pants, rain boots, and my rain coat. I grabbed a flashlight, and went outside searching for them.

I couldn't see that well, the rain picked up drastically. I saw that a car was still here, so someone has to be here. I saw the silhouette of someone, but they're really tall and big.

"Excuse me, but have you seen any camp counselors? I can't seem to find any." I yelled out to him.

Before he could respond, my parental instinct kicked in.

"What are you doing out here in this rain anyway? We need to get you inside before you get sick. You have anything on your head, or protecting you from this heavy rain." I grabbed the person hand and pulled them towards the direction of the cabin.

I wasn't aware that I was pulling the man in the hockey mask until we got inside. I also saw the machete that he was gripping as well. It was no use for running or hiding. I stared at his blue eye, waiting for his next move. He raised his hand, and patted my head.

Patted my head?

I stood there confused and he walked out of the cabin, that's when I heard the sirens in the distance. I just stood there, at lost for words, completely shocked, as to why he spared me.

Why?