Love and Pride 1/2

Jason x Pregnant!Reader

The sun was shinning and you were sitting on the porch with a book in hand. It was the spring time, but summer was approaching slowly, but surely.

Jason was on edge!

He was spending more of his time outside, going out the furthest, then getting closer to our house. He was placing traps, and making sure they worked. He was always on edge around this time of the year, but that wasn't the icing on the cake.

You were 38 weeks along, and could have the baby any day now. Jason has been making sure to get most of his difficult work done before you even wake up in the morning. So if you were to need him for anything, he was in yelling distance. You didn't mind that much that he was gone for most of the morning, he always came back in the afternoon.

You stopped reading and let your mind drift off, until you saw a hulking figure approaching. Your body always had bad timing. As soon as you stood to greet him, braxton hicks manage to strike across the right side of your belly. You grimaced in pain, and rubbed your side to sooth the practice contraction. Jason was already running to your side.

"Hi Jason, no need to worry, just braxton hicks." I reassured him.

You saw him relax before he moved his hair out of your face, nuzzling your forehead. He opened the door and picked you up, carrying you in the house, he sat you on the couch. He kneeled in front of you, placing his hands on your plump stomach. The baby started moving, he always moved for Jason.

Jason then took of his mask, giving kisses to your stomach, then working his way up to your lips.

He then rubbed and tapped your belly, asking if you ate.

"I ate when I fist got up, but I was waiting for you before I started on lunch." You said.

You got off the couch, with the help of Jason, and waddled your way into the kitchen. It swelled Jason with some much love and pride, seeing you walk around with his child growing inside your stomach. He couldn't help but smile. As you talked about what you were thinking about making, he already knew it was going to be chicken salad wrap with your honey mustard dressing. That's what you've been eating for lunch the past few days. He wrapped his arms around you, embracing you and the baby.

You both ate and you wanted to take a nap. He fixed the bed up with all the pillows he found, and helped you laid down. He reminded you not too lay on your back, but to not have you head leveled with your stomach. He remembers how you'd get heartburn if you laid down right after eating. He also read that if you laid on your back, the weight of your uterus can cut off an artery, an artery that gives the baby oxygen. He was very concern, and very loving about it. He decided to lay down with you, he didn't really sleep, but rest is always good.

You rested your head on his chest, wrapping a leg around him, even putting a pillow between your legs. He helped put the pillows behind you and under you, so you can sleep comfortably. He lifted your shirt a bit while you slept. He liked seeing the feet and hand of the baby as he moved in your belly. He liked to press back, playing a little game with the baby. It all felt surreal to him, watching you sleep and watching his baby grow.

He didn't know when you were going to go into labor, but he made sure he was ready, watching a lot of videos. He read every packet the doctors gave you when ever he came back from your appointments. You've already discussed how things were going to go down when the time came.

Jason was nervous, but the happiest he's been in a very long time.

He just wish he could tell his mom that she's going to be a grandma.