Swimming Lessons 1/3

Jason Voorhees x Reader

It was the first day of camp, the kids officially came today. I had to watch over 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. I had a picture and their names, so I knew who they were when they got off the bus.

"Hey guys, I'm going to be your counselor this summer." I introduced myself to them.

I introduced them to the other counselors, and we started on arts and crafts. We made our own tie dye shirts and bracelets. Next we were going to go swimming in the lake.

One of the boys didn't know how to swim, so I offered to help. It was only two other counselors in the water, the other five were watching. I grabbed a floaty and a foam board and let it float near us. I gave the boy the noodle and he tucked it under his arms.

"I'm going to help you learn how to swim before you leave camp, okay?" He would still stand in the water.

He nodded, I held his hand and we walked a little further until the water was up to his neck. I showed him how to float on his back, holding his shoulders and head above the water.

"Now, just relax okay? I'm not going to let you go, water may get in your ears, that's okay. I'll be right here the whole time, keep your eyes on me if that'll help." I told the boy.

I slowly pulled him through the water, letting him get used to the feeling of the water.

"See, this is the first step to getting comfortable in the water." I tell him.

I helped him get on his stomach and got the foam board and proceeded to do the same thing.

"Now this time, I want you to kick your legs, try not to bend your knees." I instructed him.

He started to kick his legs while I drug him through the water.

"You're doing it, see you're doing it." I told him.

We got out the water shortly after, I gather the rest of the water toys.

"All we have to do is keep practicing, I promise you'll know how to swim or close to it." I reassured him.

During the course of two weeks, I taught him how to swim every other day. He was able to comfortably swim on his own now. By the time their parents came and got them, he told them how much he enjoyed learning how to swim. They thanked me for it, and they drove off.

Us counselors had to stay an extra week to clean everything and set everything back up for the next round of kids coming next month.

Unaware of the undead eyes watching from the tree line.