Expected

Michael x Reader

You knew when it was around this time, Michael was distant. You knew he was having an internal battle with The Shape. It still didn't help you feel any better about yourself, you wanted some comfort. You barely got that when Michael was feeling normal, so you knew better than to ask now,

You were sitting on the couch curled up in a throw blanket, staring at the TV screen, not watching it though. You saw Michael leave out in his typical outfit. He didn't give you a glance, but you still spoke.

"Stay safe, don't get caught." You said very monotone like.

It was habit for you to speak to him before he left, but he noticed your very off tone. When he left out, he didn't leave. Instead, he watched you from outside a little, he noticed how distracted you were. He wanted to try to help, but he had other matters to attend to at the time. With that being said, he turned and left to go refresh his reputation.

You were still staring at the TV, not sure what it is you wanted to do. You felt completely unmotivated to do anything, and that made you feel even worse. You felt tired and sad, and you weren't sure why, but not knowing why, made you feel worse. You made yourself get up and turn off the TV. Slowly moving your way to the stairs, you went to the bathroom. You went to go run some water, but didn't feel like doing that right now. So you turned to the bedroom, and sat down on the bed. Then your thoughts start to overwhelm you again, causing your eyes to start hurting form not blinking.

You grabbed the water bottle off the nightstand to sip the water. You felt the water going down your throat and hitting the pit of your stomach. You haven't eaten yet, and you wonder how long you've gone without eating at this point. You didn't feel hungry, but you knew you needed to eat. You knew you needed to do a lot of things, but you couldn't push yourself to do them.

Giving up on your mental state for the moment, you just laid back in the bed and stared at the ceiling. The silence made your ears ring a bit, so you turned some music on. It helped lull you to sleep.

You weren't sure how long you slept, but you don't think it was long. You looked around the house to see if Michael came back. He wasn't there yet, so you didn't sleep too long. Michael tends to not stay out for long, he kills then he comes back. Unless he's stalking someone, then you won't see him for days, but this isn't the case.

You got on the couch and turned the TV, doing the same thing as before. At one point, you actually were watching it, but your thoughts returned and you couldn't focus. Which was bad timing because Michael just entered. To him, you stayed in the same spot the entire time, which isn't entirely true. You haven't been able to focus though, so you may as well have been in the same spot.

You turned to look at him, and he just stared at you for a bit. Before you could say anything, he just turned and left right back out. That puzzled you, but you tried not to worry about it, you were already preoccupied by your own thoughts.

You fell asleep again, but this time yo woke up to the door bell ringing. Michael answered it, but you saw some flowers laying on the coffee table in front of you. You picked them up, they were white roses, so you looked over to Michael. He was holding two pizza boxes in his hands and his cheeks were slightly tinted.

"I noticed how you were acting, so I thought this would help." He said lowly.

That's when you noticed he had your favorite movie on the screen and another blanket on the couch. He put the pizza down and sat next to you on the couch. He pulled you closer to him, pulling your legs on his lap. You laid your head on his shoulder and cried a bit, he knew you needed a moment. Once you seemed to calm down, he wiped your face then handed you some pizza.

The movie started to play, and you felt his hand stroking your hair. You knew he was going to fall asleep, but you did appreciate what he did for you. Just for you.