Midnight Scare

Brahms Heelshire x Reader

I had suspicions that someone was living here, so I wasn't that surprised when I came across his path.

It first struck me that it was more than a 'doll' when the Heelshires' explained the rules to me. Mainly playing the music really loud, and saving the meals intended for Brahms. But if they wanted to pay me all this money, fine by me, I'll play this game.

As the weeks turned into months, I knew they weren't coming back, not that I was complaining much. I wasn't a social body anyway, as long as I have internet and a TV, I was fine. I did the self install internet and got the TV delivered. I started to question when the secret person would revealed themselves.

I saw the food disappearing, hearing movement in the walls, especially during the night. I even had a few clothing items missing. I tend to wear the same things often, so I know when something is missing.

Even when I would go outside to clean the traps, I would see them in the windows. Not to mention Brahms moving around on his own and 'talking'. But once again, I have a place to stay at, and I'm still being paid, so I'll play this game.

These few months I was trying to piece together who it could be, forgetting about the fact that Brahms, the real Brahms, could be an option. In my mind I was thinking Brahms, the doll, was a cover for someone, but not actually Brahms.

It was during one of those times when I couldn't sleep, insomnia sucks. I went downstairs to the kitchen to find something to eat, that tends to help. I had a glass of water in my hand, back turned to the archway. I had the lights off because I knew my way around the house in the dark. I turned around and saw a very tall man with a porcelain mask on. On instinct I screamed and dropped my water. I saw the man jump as well, not expecting me to be there. I ran over to the light switch, avoiding the glass as best as I could.

"Holy shit! You're Brahms?! Damn why didn't I think of that." I grabbed the broom and dustpan.

I started to get the glass up, I guess he finally registered what was going on. He helped me cleaned up the glass and lowly apologized.

"Do you always talk like that?" I questioned.

To which he nodded, so I shrugged.

"Well I'm going to sleep, night." I leaned up and kissed his cheek and went back to my room, eating my sandwich on the way.

He stood in the kitchen, still confused about what just happened.