Sore Throat

Bubba Sawyer x Reader

"Come on Bubba stop laughing, I'm trying to help you." I giggled with him.

I was trying to help him learn how to talk better. I was going over just basic sounds with your mouth. So to him, I was making a bunch of funny faces, so it was hard for him to actually concentrate.

"Ayyee, eeee, iiiii. oohhhhh, oouuuuu. Do it with me."

He kept on giggling, attempting to do it, then laugh even harder. Which made me laugh with him. Once his giggling dialed down, he started to do it with me. We went over it a couple of times, exaggerating the facial movements so he knows how to move his mouth. Once he got the hang of that, I did some more sounds.

We worked on it for maybe an hour, he was happy he was making good progress.

"We don't want to over use your vocal cords, and your throat starts to hurt." I laughed at him making faces in the mirror but no sound coming out.

"Come on, let's go get the food started." I said.

We left our room and headed to go cut some meat for dinner tonight. Every now and then, I'll drive out to town and get meat that wasn't human meat for everyone. I still didn't indulge in it, I made my own separate meals. Drayton didn't mind, as long as I was still helping out.

Even while we were cutting the meat Bubba kept making the noises, adding a giggle as well. The rest of the day I heard him going around the house saying, "ma, may, me, moe, moo."

"I don't want to hear you all sad tomorrow because you keep over working your voice." I put my hands on my hips.

So of course, as we finally ate dinner and the next day came around, Bubba's voice was scratchy. I shook my head and laughed at him, thinking about all the warnings I gave him.

I went towards the kitchen, boiled some water so I could make him some tea. Once I made it, I put some honey in it, to try and help soothe his throat a bit.

"Now, if you want to get better faster, try not to talk any. Not a word, okay?" I handed him to tea.

I instructed him to take small sips because it was still very hot.

As the day went on, I let him eat a little bit more honey for his throat.

The next day I told him to try his voice out, it was better of course, but now he was skeptical about using it.

"It's fine for you to do what you normally do, but because you don't do those noises often, you have to limit yourself to how often you do it each day. So once again just the hour that we do it, okay?" I talked to him.

He nodded, and we started we another sound lesson again today.