You Don't Know It All So Learn

I downloaded an app to help better my skills in a language I knew. When this app asked me where on a scale of 1-10 how good I am or how well I know the language I marked myself 5.

Now, after taking the yes they put me on level one. This surprised me because I didn't expect it. I was determined that I knew this language at least up to 4 but when I tried level one I realised there was a lot I didn't know. I knew the language but only on a surface level. I didn't know the proper use of tense, pronouns etc

I needed to go back to the basics so I can improve my foundation and better my language skills.

This reminds me of reading God's word. You can have been brought up in church your whole life, and heard podcasts but don't have that deep relationship with God. It's very surface level and when you would rate it would be higher when it's not.

When I started reading the Bible I thought I knew most of it. I even confidently thought Samuel heard his father call him 3 times and not that it was a prophet. I didn't even know Moses had siblings!

Yet I thought I knew the word so well. Today I want to encourage you to not have pride. Don't think highly of yourself or that you've reached a level where you don't need any more learning.

The Christain life is a journey of constantly growing to be more like Jesus and learning. You will never stop learning and never stop growing in your faith but each time, each season will grow you to be more like Christ through conviction, refinement, sanctification, meditation of God's word and prayer we are being transformed and grown spiritually.

-etty