The Way We Act And Behave Is Important

The way we behave ministers to the world.

Matthew 5:16-18
ESV
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that[a] they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Everything we do speaks of something, especially our character and works. Hand in hand our character must glorify Christ as well as our deeds. The issue with swearing is that it doesn't represent Christ. When you see someone swear you don't say "Why what a representation of Christ" and automatically assume this person is Christian.

The things we do speaks.

It's important how others see us as well as Christain, not to see their approval but for them to see Christ. As Christian, we are ambassadors of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20). That person represents all the company is about, what they stand on and based on that representative, you'll be able to know how this company runs, how they behave, what they tolerate and don't etc.

How much more as we are ambassadors of Christ? As followers of Christ, our speech, our actions, and our way of acting all represent Christ. We represent Christ on this earth. The word Christian means Little Christ. We are here as lights and in both words and actions speak that we belong to Jesus and are not like this world. The choices we make are out of love and fear of God (fear meaning great respect, reverence and awe) and we do things to give Him glory.

As we continue our lives watch what we listen to, who we entertain, what thoughts we keep etc and allow everything you do to bring glory to God. You won't be perfect but as you continue to draw closer to God, you'll become more like Christ.

-etty

Scriptures

1 Corinthians 10:31
ESV
31 So, whether you eat or

James 4:8
NKJV
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.