The Word And Trials

Trials and the word

The word is what strengthens us. A trial is a time of testing. We know that before we receive a test we must have learned something first. I can't get a Spanish test because I don't speak or have learned Spanish. I have no experience with it but I can get tested in French because I speak it and know it.

That's how seasons of testing work. God doesn't allow things to happen to test us for jokes but He allows things to test what we believe and learned. We can easily say to our friends that God is faithful, God is amazing, He is holy and just and everything will work out but believing it is very different. When you are in the fire, you are in a position where what you believe, learned and know has to be applied.

You are a student, learning, doing your Bible studies and worshipping peacefully but now there is a storm. We have to use all that knowledge we gained from previous seasons. Each season has something we can learn and a message to take away from it. Each season teaches us something new or reminds us of something. If in the past, God has shown you His a provider, that He cares and that He has everything under control, you'll enter into a season where that truth will be tested.  You'll get moments when the enemy will say "Did God say?" and moments where you might begin to take matters into your own hands.

It's easy to tell others God has a plan, that He has a purpose, that He will bring the right people but when you are in a situation where that truth needs to be applied, where you need to believe it even though you don't see, where when you told your friends to just pray and trust during their tough seasons, now it's your turn to just pray and trust God's promises. We see a different story though as many fall and lose faith in God because they didn't take the learning time seriously.

If you never went to classes or did but didn't really pay full attention. You never went back and reviewed. You never went back and meditated. You never went back and asked God questions and desired to understand deeper. Then when the test comes you'll find yourself sinking because you were comfortable.

Comfortable just being in the class but not going back to notes. Comfortable saying but never truly believing. Comfortable telling everyone else they have a purpose but you instead question yourself, criticise yourself and don't allow truth to stay rooted within your heart.

Each season, whether joyful or sorrowful, happy or sad, frustrating or exciting, always pay attention to the message God is giving you in that season.

For there will come a season when that will be tested. So pray
attention. Always take a moment to write down what God has been teaching you lately. Today I challenge you to do just that.

-etty