How far you've come

I had a conversation with a friend recently. Apparently results are out in other departments and everyone isn't really seeing what they want. For that reasons and some other unrelated factors I've been feeling really anxious. I don't know if other people feel this way too but I usually feel anxiety in my chest. I have to take deep breaths to get rid of this weird knot in my chest and calm myself down.

It got me thinking about a lot of things. I mean I've been dealing with this for a while now and I feel that I should be more confident by now and that I'm not making progress. I began to wonder what was going on.

Some battles take longer to fight than others. The fight to overcome and be victorious can be long, painful and sometimes it can seem hopeless. But as his disciples, Jesus assures us in Matthew 28:20; and I will be with you till the end of age. He has always and will always be with us.

Sometimes when I feel defeated or like I'll never get my anxiety under control I like to think about how much I've already overcome. I mean if God brought me through tough situations in the past, won't he help me out right now? He definitely didn't bring me this far to give up on me. And he's not giving up on you either.

Just reflect. Think about a time when things were really rocky for you and weren't looking too good. Think about how God prevailed, how much you've learnt and how God kept his promises to you. Think about now. Think about how much you've grown and the battles you've won since then. God isn't done with you yet.

There was a time in my life where I struggled with processing my emotions. I would leave them unattended till they spiralled out of control and then wonder what had gone wrong. I didn't like to talk about things because I got shut down a lot for being too sensitive. For a long time I was ashamed of my sensitivity.

Something happened and I was alone for a really long time. For the first time in my life, nothing could distract me from my emotions and I tried to run away from dealing with them but I couldn't. I had to learn how to face them. God used that circumstance, my friends and so many other channels to bring me to terms with the truth. Sensitivity was never meant to be a weakness. It was a gift.

You've come really far. We all have. There were times in our lives where we were completely different people and it's important to acknowledge and be grateful for how much God has changed us since then. Even if it doesn't seem that way, you're reading this post for a reason. God is trying to reach out to you. Your present and future are definitely going to be a lot brighter than your past.

I know it's hard to remember sometimes. And the devil tries to fill our heads with lies so that it becomes hard to tell the difference between deception and truth. But we're all coming from somewhere. Everyone is struggling with something and no one is perfect.

Life is about the journey not just the destination. When the road gets rough and bumpy try to think about the milestones not just how much farther you have to go.

You've got this. Jesus has been with you, is with you and will always be with you.

So keep fighting sis ♥️ in the end, everything will be okay ♥️✨

~ Anne :)
Truewriter2020