Suffering in innocence

We all get punished, blamed and reprimanded for things we didn't do sometimes. You might wonder what the best way to act would be in that situation.

A lot of people would rather shout, rant or swear multiple times during the crisis. It's understandable, I've done some of these things myself, but that doesn't make it the right course of action.

Others might cry, lament or just talk to someone they trust. While crying might make you feel better temporarily, it doesn't solve the problem. Lamenting is even worse because it doesn't really achieve anything. You just go on and on about the problem not making any attempts to fix it.

And while talking to someone who cares is probably the best course of action, this option isn't always available. What if you're all alone or no one believes that you didn't do it? What do you then?

God will always be there for you. Even when it seems like he isn't, he's always there comforting you in every situation. Especially when you suffer for doing His will.

The bible says in 1 Peter 3:4 - But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear their threats ; do not be frightened."

Sometimes you aren't just punished for doing nothing, you're punished for doing your definition of right but everyone else's definition of wrong. I'll share a brief story.

We were having a math class one Tuesday which was dreadfully boring. All we wanted was for the class to end. And as much as I wanted that To happen something was wrong. Every Tuesday the same thing happened. The teacher would have a double period but not use the second one because he had no idea it was his. My classmates lied to him every week.

On that Tuesday, I decided to take a deep breath and let him know. Surprised but not too annoyed he gave us some more exercises to do. Everyone else was annoyed though, I could see it on their faces.

Immediately the double period ended, everyone let me know how upset they were. They were shouting and all but it didn't really phase me. What really got me was that someone actually beat me up. I thought it was a joke at first, but when the person beating me didn't relent even when I was in tears, I knew what was going on.

I ran out of the class, when she had finished with me, tears blinding me. I was hoping to tell a teacher what had happened but I didn't find the right one. I stopped in front of the staff room letting my tears fall. Luckily, my friends found me letting me know that it would be ok.

Till today, everyone wonders why I didn't beat her back. Why I didn't react, insult her or do something vengeful. For a while I thought I was just a weak person who couldn't defend myself. I later realized that that wasn't it.

I wasn't that kind of person. I was suffering for what was right and that was enough to make me realise that revenge wasn't worth it.

The bible says in Isaiah 35:4 - say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."

Here's the lesson; We will all be treated unfairly. It could be for doing nothing or for doing something that others felt was wrong. But what makes you different from unbelievers is your ability to suffer in a righteous manner. In a calm way that makes you an example to others.

If you still don't get it think about Jesus and how he reacted to all the Suffering during his crucifixion. That is a perfect example of how you should react to unjust punishments.

~ Anne ☺