How to Get Right with God

Alright, let's get down to business. A lot of you might be drowning in sin right now. You might have drifted so far away that you feel alone or that God has left you. In this post I'll be giving you tips on how to get right with God.

Spoiler alert: there isn't an easy way to get right with God.

Be patient. I'm not saying that there isn't a way out and that you're heading for eternal condemnation. I'm saying that there's no way to get right with God because someone has already done that for you.

In John 3:16 the Holy Bible says: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."

What this verse basically says is that Jesus has already helped us get right with God. He's already paid for the sins we've committed in the past, are committing right now and the ones we'll commit in the future. We don't need to get right with God.

Because the Holy Bible says in Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Literally getting right with God would actually entail dying either spiritually or physically, and that's not what you want. Jesus already did this on the cross to save you from death. He did this to give you the gift of eternal life.

What we need to do is acknowledge this fact. As a Christian you need to understand that Jesus died on the cross for a reason. The wages for sin is death and by dying on that cross, Jesus already paid.

So if you find yourself knee-deep in sin, the way forward isn't to start running around doing deeds. I'm not saying that being a good Christian isn't right, I'm just saying that good works don't guarantee your entry into heaven. It's whether you have a relationship with God or not.

You need to have a strong relationship with Christ that's founded in the truth of the Word. You can strengthen this relationship by reading your Holy Bible and praying constantly. But always keep in mind what Jesus has done for you when you're praying to God and are trying to get your spiritual life back on track.

~ Anne
Truewriter2020