Dealing with break ups

Dating isn't a taboo. There is bound to be that one guy you're willing to get serious with no matter how uptight you are. Sometimes relationships work and at other times they don't. And that's ok. If it were so easy, people wouldn't worry so much about it.

I've never actually been in a "real" relationship before to be honest. But I've been in a few situationships (where both people like each other but are willing to wait for a while) and know what it's like to have to break away. To have to let go of or to loose touch with someone you really liked. It's happened a few times.

So here goes;

Firstly, break ups, especially the really bad and messy ones aren't the end of the world. You might feel down for a while, that's to be expected. But have the strength to move on.

Remember that God will always be there for you even at your lowest moments. Talk to Him about how you feel and ask Him for the next steps to take. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel after you do.

Psalm 73:26 says "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever"

Who knows? The break up might have been necessary. Your ex might have been cheating on you to doing other things he/she shouldn't be doing. He might also not be the one God has in mind for you. The bible also says;

(Proverbs 3:5-6) - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

You need to trust God that it's for the best. God will never let you go through something you can't handle or anything that won't be for your own good. He's the creator, the one who knows the beginning from the end. I know it might be hard and your heart might ache but please try. Trust Him.

When you let go, let go. No take backsies, no regrets, no wishing for another chance. If it's God will for you, everything will work out right. God hasn't failed with man once and He isn't about to start failing now.

If someone else let's you go be ready to bounce back. You will feel some pain especially when something familiar reminds you of the past but it's really important that you don't dwell on it. Lean on God. He'll help you through it, believe in Him no matter what.

Because the bible says in Isaiah 9:2 - The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

The pain you feel is a moment of darkness that will pass. And your faith in God is the light that will guide you through it.

- Anne ☺