Don't Focus On Your Short Comings But

God indeed uses broken people.

If you feel you're not smart enough, good enough, talented enough, wise enough, old enough etc to do what God has called you to do and to serve God then you're a perfect candidate to serve God. Those who do think they know a lot, are old enough, talented enough and deserve to handle God's call are those who are often are filled with so much self-confidence in themselves and pride that they can't be filled by the Spirit of God. God uses those who are humble, who know they cannot do things without His help, who acknowledge their weakness and strive to become more like Him every day.

So don't focus on your shortcomings because God's grace is sufficient for you. Don't focus on your weaknesses to disqualify you from being used by God. By His strength, we overcome and don't focus on others because their chapter 12 is not your chapter 3. Both are you are on two different walks in your faith and what they are doing is not where you are. Focus on where you are and what God is doing right now.

Mediate on these verses:

1 Corinthians 1:27
ESV
27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;

1 Samuel 16:7
ESV
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

2 Corinthians 12:9
ESV
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me

James 4:6
ESV
6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Matthew 5:3-5
ESV
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

-etty