Why should I stand up for Christ?

As I've said before, being a Christian does not only entail good deeds. It's also not all about preaching the gospel. It's also about standing up for Christ even when it feels uncomfortable. Preaching is only one of many ways we can stand up for our Savior.

The Bible says in 2 Timothy 2:15 - Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the Word of truth.

But why should we stand up for Christ?

I used to wonder why too. There was a point in time that I only spread the gospel because I was afraid of hell - not because I truly had a good relationship with Christ. I had this belief that if I didn't spread the gospel, I would end up as a gate keeper in heaven or even worse... that I wouldn't get in at all. So I started jumping around the place looking for a way to evangelize.

But you know something I learned? Standing up for Christ isn't about earning enough points to go to heaven. It's about spreading the peace and joy we received through salvation.

Sometimes I sit and wonder what I would have done if I didn't have God. I honestly wonder how people live without him because I know I would have been long gone if I didn't believe in him... literally. And I'm sure there are some people out there who are finding it so hard to survive because they don't know Him.

We stand up for Christ because that's what God wants. He wants everyone to know what it's like to be comforted and loved by Him. He doesn't want that girl over there to commit suicide or that guy on the team to do drugs. He wants to be there for as many people as He can. It's basically the whole reason why He created us.

So even when it feels weird or might turn the other person off, never resist the urge to reflect Christ in your life. Pray before you eat, listen to Christian music if you want to and say "God bless you" regularly even if it's to unbelievers. Jesus knew we were sinful, but wasn't ashamed to die for us. So why should we be afraid to represent Him?

1 Peter 3:5 says - But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

~ Anne
Truewriter2020