The truth about Valentine's day

The hype around valentine's day is probably beginning to get to some people right now. You're probably tired of seeing people post stuff about it and hearing your friends tease you about being single. And if you're in a relationship that's awesome too. I'm honestly indifferent about the whole thing (I've been in a bit of a "mood" lately) but I think it's lovely to have that special person in your life. Congratulations to both single and taken girls, this post is for both parties.

Quick reminder; valentine's day isn't just for couples. It's also a day for showing live to people around you. Your friends, family, superiors, it's a day you can show love to everyone. If you think about it, that's what Jesus would have done. He probably would've also spent the day preaching the gospel of love and praying for his loved ones. Keep in mind that there's more than one way to spend valentine's day.

For all the not so single ladies in the house, you don't have to feel pressured or on edge on this special day. Try not to put yourselves in situations that could create a rift in your relationship with God. I have a feeling you know what I'm referring to. What I'm typing doesn't sound practical to most modern couples but praying together isn't a bad idea. It's ok to want to spend time with your significant other on this special day but remember to be careful.

Whether you're single or in a relationship this season honestly doesn't matter. What matters is what you choose to do. Remember that as christians, spreading God's love through good actions and conduct is important. It's not just about you.

A Few bible verses before you go;
1 Peter 4:8
8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

9 Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay.
1 Peter 4:9

10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
1 Peter 4:10

Have a great day!

~ Anne :-)