Part 1

Alyssa's pov:

Slamming the alarm clock off, I get up from my bed. After groggily looking around and waiting for a few minutes, my brain starts working.

It's always been like this, my brain takes at least 5 minutes to start working after I wake up. I've always been a heavy sleeper.

My mom has always made fun of me because of this. She still does. Sighing, I get up from my bed.

It's currently 6.30 am. I'm in my final year of high school. My classes start at 10 am. I could sleep in at least until 9 am as my school was only a 5 minutes walk from home.

But I can't, I have a part time job as a waitress at a cafe called "UwU Cafe". The shift starts at 8 am.
I go to the washroom and freshen up..

The mirror showing me my reflection, my midnight black hair looks like a tornado went by, my blue eyes stare back at me, my cheeks look flushed. Wow, I look like a mess, great!

I don't do much make-up, more like I don't like doing make-up. I only put on some mascara ,some lip gloss and brush my hair and I'm done.

This is how I imagine Alyssa to be:

Some people say I'm a natural beauty, to be honest, I also kind of know that

But the thing is, it makes me feel more self conscious than proud. Why? Because people sometimes stare or comment on my looks.

Most of the times they mean good, but still, being stared at does not feel nice. It's something god has gifted me, so I'd rather try to stay grateful than be proud of it.

By the time I'm ready, it's almost 7.15, I go down stairs, the sweet scent of waffles with maple syrup fills my nose.

I go to the kitchen and smile at my mom who still hasn't noticed my presence. Sneaking behind her I hug her " good morning momma bear".

My mom was startled and shrieked. But then she replied "good morning Lissy bear. I know that you're a big sucker for hugs but that can wait for later. Go eat up, we don't wanna get late now do we?".

Groaning I let go. " Yes mam" and I start eating. Before even thinking I asked "where's dad and that little brat?".. Realization hit me.

We both sat there in silence. My eyes feel a familiar burn as I stop teats from flowing. My mom totally silent...

Not being able to stand the silence anymore, I get up and leave for work, not finishing my breakfast.

I feel stupid and guilty. I totally forgot about it.. I didn't mean to mention it. It just slipped out.. It's so hard to...to really believe that they're gone..

It's only been 3 months . 3 months since they both went to the land of no return. 3 months since I got to know I wouldn't be able to see them again.

I wont be able to talk to my father, nor fight with my brother ever again.... no matter how much I begged for it. And knowing it..hurt...

It hurts.... I still can't get used to the fact that they're gone. What can I do! I just want to believe that they're still here, that's all.

I wiped away my tears harshly as I almost reached the cafe. I need to be strong.. I can't cry like this.

The moment I reach the cafe, I could feel how busy this place is. Well, that's to be expected.

This is the morning rush hour, people are gonna come to get their morning coffee and breakfast. So of course it's gonna be busy.

Seeing my colleagues run around like their lives depended on it, I hurriedly stepped inside. Another busy day begins.

The cafe has a very cozy environment to it. The walls are colored in pastel blue and pink, the tables are arranged in a way so that there is some space left between each table and the place doesn't feel too cramped.

But most important thing of all, It's a cat themed cafe! I repeat, A CAT THEMED CAFE!!!!! There are cats on the second floor that people can play with. Can you believe it!

That's one of the biggest reasons I love love Lovee this place. Those fluff balls can ease your pain as if it never existed in the first place. They're literal gifts from god.

I joined this cafe after the death of my father and younger brother. They were caught in a crossfire between the police and the Creymour gang.

They couldn't escape it. Their deaths wrecked me, torn me apart, I felt like my world crumbled, shattered to pieces.

But my mother, she suffered the most. She had utterly shut down.. I could feel her dying, not sleeping, not eating nor talking to anyone. Crying for days to the point she'd start vomiting.

I knew I had to be strong for her, or I feared I might lose her too. Seeing her made me hurt even more.

But how do you become strong for someone when you can't cope with the pain yourself.

Still, I pushed myself, I had to, for both of our sakes. I started to look for a part time job. We needed money.

While dad left us a good amount of money, we knew it wouldn't last long, and I had to pay for my college.

The money Won't be sufficient enough to pay for both my College and our daily expenses.

The first time I went to the cafe, It felt cozy and warm. It gave a sense of comfort. The owner of this shop is Catherine, She's a sweet lady in her 40's.

The moment she learned that my name was Throne, she knew why I had looked like a living corpse who has lost the purpose of life.

The name of my father and brother was shown in the news as people who died during the crossfire.

She welcomed me with open arms, comforted me. This place helped me heal and forget the pain, even if that was just for a little while. And for that I'll forever be grateful.

The shop is busy, I keep running back and forth with the orders, Layla already looks out of breath, Justin looking exhausted as well, Carlos looks furious as he takes order and gives warning glances at a flirting Michael.

Michael has always been a flirt. He winks at a girl while serving a different table. How does he manage to do it even in this situation, I will never know.

Things go like this for a while until the news reporter says " It has been confirmed by the police that Aresteir Trevante Amaris has landed from Canada last night and is currently at his home base. The police suspect that he will probably stay there for a while this time and told the citizens to be careful and be on high alert all the time. The police will be taking extra precautions for public safety and th-...."

Silence.. The only this that can be heard is the sound of cars outside. The fear is evident in everyone's face. Arestair is back..

The Arestair Amaris, the uncrowned leader of The Creymour is back.. His father, Clamentine Amaris is the current leader who is already causing enough troubles and deaths.

This gang is the reason why my beloved ones died. Clamentine Amaris is already a terror. So many innocents are dying ..

Arestair Amaris has his own frickin set of Army which is considered way stronger than that of Clamentine's.. What will happen if he also joins!

Was having one monster not enough! Why has he come back now!!May god help us....