Part 21

Alyssa's pov :

We got out of the hospital. This guy made me go through a full body checkup. The doctor told me that everything was fine and I was perfectly healthy.

Of course I was. You don't get sick just for blushing. But this man just said " your health is important. So checkups are necessary. " Thanks mom.

" Now that we're done with that, let's go eat something " he offered.

Wait. Eat something? Wouldn't that become a date then?

" Oh..um..I'm not that hungry. Can you just drop me to school, I think I can still catch my third period " he looked kind of disappointed at my answer.

But it can't be helped. Did he expect me to go on a date just like that? With someone I didn't like? If he did, then that's his fault.

" No, I'm hungry. So we're gonna eat first. Then I'll drop you to school" with that he held my wrist and just pulled me with him. Off to the car we go.

The stares we get every time we get out of the car is just so nerve wrecking. People mostly cower away and stare at him from afar. Does this not bother him at all,he looks so confident all the time. Is he that used to being stared at?

We stopped in front of a very huge fancy looking restaurant. But I just stopped. I looked at my pink crop top, skinny jeans and converse. I was highly underdressed for a place this fancy.

" What's wrong? Why'd you stop? Is this place not to your liking?" I just shook my head.

" Tell me what's wrong?" he said in such a soft voice I didn't think he was capable of making.

" I'm very underdressed " I said pointing at myself.

" Don't worry about that. You are gorgeous no matter what. Plus, who cares if some random unknown people think you're underdressed, right?" he gave me a reassuring look.

I blushed, he just called me gorgeous. Surprisingly, his words helped me. When did he start behaving so sweet.

That day I ended up totally not going to school. After eating at that restaurant, he dragged me around to do shopping. At first I was hesitant to pick anything too pricey.

But seeing my hesitance for an hour, I think he lost his patience. He started shoving every single dress he thought would look pretty on me into my hands. Every single dress that my eyes lingered on a little longer, he would get that.

In the end, we ended up with both our hands filled with shopping bags. I never thought I'd have fun doing shopping, and that also with a Mafia leader. What are the odds.

But that fun was replaced with guilt the moment I saw the total amount of the bill.

30,000$!!!!!!!!!

My whole family never earned this much. This is too much!!!

I started pulling him to the side and telling him let's return everything, I don't like any of the items.

He looked confused, and then disappointed for a moment.

" Why? I thought you liked them just moments ago?"

" I did. But now I don't. So let's just return them"

" why? You want something pricier? Just tell me, I'll buy it for you" his question got me bewildered. What got him to think that?

" Huh? No! It's too pricey! I can't take it from you! I never even intended to buy anything in the first place! I just thought maybe I'll just go with the flow and have some fun"