Part 8

Alyssa's Pov:

I went home after the incident with him. He left the cafe 1 hour ago. I couldn't stop thinking that he might be the reason behind my father's and brother's death. But I couldn't say that for sure because his father is the current leader. And he wasn't in the country all this time. But I've heard he had his own unofficial army which was powerful enough to take down the Creymour gang alone.

It's said that even his own father, the current leader can't stand against him. There are numerous rumors about him torturing his father's men and his own men brutally to death. And he's famous for his brutal ways of tortures. For this, he was nicknamed as the DEATH PRINCE. And it was his own men who first named him that out of fear. The public then also started to know him by that name. Even if he isn't the reason behind dad and Ethan's death that doesn't make him any less vicious. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him.

There were still 2hours left until my shift ended, but Layla and Justin just rushed me out of the cafe and told her to to go and rest. I insisted on staying.

"I don't think it's safe for you to go back at night after what happened. It's better if you go home now" layla said, she looked serious.

"Yeah, we'll take care of everything. Leave it on us. Your safety comes first" Carlos stated puffing his chest, as if he's doing oh sooo manly thing. Justin standing beside him nodding in agreement. Before I could protest someone said,

" I know you're dumb, but surely not dumb enough to think that you'll win arguing with all of us, right?" it was Michael.

"Did you just call me dumb?" I asked, raising and eyebrow.

" Well, maybe I did. What're you gonna do about it doll face. "

" Listen here, if anyone's dumb here, it's you"

"Everyone knows who's the dumb one. " he said with a smirk. The audacity of this man.

" He's not wrong though. You are kinda dumb not gonna lie" Justin said.
" True man. I mean, how can a person be dumb enough to buy a 5$ cup with 25$. You literally got scammed and didn't even realise it" Carlos remarked laughing.

" That's because I never go to shopping or buy things for myself! It's always my mom who does these things. I have zero idea about prices" it's true, I really sucked at shopping.

" Also, not realising that men try to flirt with you and try to give hints on asking you out is dumb. " Layla added.

" What? What hint? When did anyone ever try to flirt with me. I'm too boring for anyone to even consider that" I said as a matter of fact.

"See, exactly. Dumb" Layla said shaking her head. I couldn't believe it, they were all siding with Michael! Did he bribe them. Michael stood there smiling like he won a gold medal. Man I wanted to slap that smile off of his face.

"It's good to see that you've calmed down." I looked at Carlos, confused. Then I realised, I really wasn't feeling scared or restless anymore, I was indeed feeling much better than before. Were they trying to make me feel better. The thought made a small smile appear on my face.

"Let's go now, I'll drop you home." Michael said coming beside me.

" I'll drop her and then come back to work" he said looking at the others. They nodded and told us to go.

It had only been 2months since I've started working here, and it almost feels like we've known each other for years. These people have become like my own family, this place has become my sanctuary, my second home. The care and love they show me makes me feel so warm and happy. Sometimes I wanna repay their kindness, but how do you repay such level of kindness...