Part 4

Arestair's POV :
*While he was still in Canada*

I was in the middle of a meeting when suddenly my phone rang. Looking at the caller id was enough to make me feel anger boil inside of me. It was Clamentine . What did he want now.

I have hated this man for as long as I can remember. He was the most heartless and cruel man I had ever seen. He never showed even an ounce of mercy even to his own son.

When I was younger, I used to think that I only disliked him. But now I know, I don't dislike him, I hate him, I loath him.

Clamentine trained me to become the next leader of Creymour . I was his only son and successor. The beatings and tortures I received for every failure used to make me fear him.

If I showed any sign of fear or mercy, it would end up in me being whipped 50 times and then locked in my room without any treatment or food.

My mom would beg him to stop, crying every time it happened. But he would drag her away and Won't allow her to meet me until the punishment was over.

I was still blinded by the lies he fed me. I was a child who only wanted to be approved or appreciated by his father. My hatred for him started after a certain incident.

********flashback*********

One time Clamentine brought an old man to the dungeon. I was 12 at the time.  He ordered me to torture the old man and kill him after. And told me "make sure he doesn't have an easy death!"

I didn't ask why he was being killed. I wasn't allowed to ask questions in these matters. These were confidential things. And I was still not considered as a capable person to know these.

Just get an order and do as he says, that's what I was taught. The old man looked like he wouldn't live longer anyways, I felt pity.

But even after torturing him to the point any man would beg for death, he only laughed in his weak voice.

The fire in his eyes never died, it glowed shinier then ever if possible . And that impressed me.

But what made me more intrigued was I did not see any resentment or hatred towards me in his eyes. Every other man or woman I tortured held the same look of hatred towards me, but he didn't....

"Don't you feel angry? Don't you want to kill me? Curse me? Torture me the way I tortured you? Why are you only laughing!" I yelled.

"No I don't.. "

"Why not?"

" Because You're just a child, you're only doing what you have been taught and told to do. You don't even know why I'm being punished, isn't that right?"

"......" I couldn't say anything.

"So me being hurt has nothing to do with you.

Plus, I can see the whip marks on your arms and legs. It's clear that You're only doing this out of fear, fear of being punished. It's not your fault, I'm not angry with you"

" But I tortured you! I will kill you! You'll die! You should hate me!" I yelled, frustrated. It's easier for me to kill someone who resents me.

But killing someone who doesn't even hate me for hurting them.....even the thought of that was painful.. No matter what, I was still a child. Many things were more painful to me than they were supposed to be..

He just laughed.

"Boy, I don't fear death. I know I did what was right and I don't have any regrets. Knowing that I died fighting for the right things is the best gift I could ask for. " he breathed a little.