Part 23

Hi guys! I know the updates have been pretty slow recently. I'm sorry for that. I had a little fever and a bad cold. But I'm doing better now. And thank you soo much to the people that have supported me this far. I really appreciate it! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Alyssa's pov :

It's been a week since Arestair last came. I was surprised to be very honest. I never thought he'd be someone to keep his word. The days were peaceful, but they could have been more peaceful if he didn’t send two of his minions to guard me.

They were literally buff men with black suits, sunglasses and earpieces just like in the movie men in black. They followed me around everywhere I went. Fortunately they didn’t enter into my home or school.

They just followed around only when I  was outside and guarded my home like guard dogs.

It kind of made me feel sad for them. The poor guys stood outside of the house for hours. But I  never got the courage to invite them in.

It was a typical Sunday,  since I was on a 'break' from work, I wanted to spend the time with Rae and Connor. But both of them said they had something to do..... Not suspicious at all.

I flopped down on my bed, I've always been good at studies, so catching up was quite easy for me. With all my homework done, I didn't have anything much to do. I was bored.

Is this how my Sunday's gonna go?

After laying down and rolling around on my bed for about an hour, I decided it was time to be productive. So I took out my sketch book and pencils to start sketching.

Art has always been an hobby of mine, and not to boast, but I'm pretty good at it if I say so myself. But it takes me hours or days even to finish a piece.

So I end up procrastinating. That's the main reason I never took art classes in school. I was thinking about what to draw, but suddenly an idea came which I would most likely regret.

I could draw the guards..

They were actually kind of handsome. I'm too shy to look at them directly, so I've never seen their faces clearly. But even from the small glances I took, I could tell they were fairly handsome. So would make perfect models.

Now the question was, would it be okay to bring them in.....

I shook my head. Maybe I could try to draw them by looking through my window. After trying that for two hours I gave up. The details were too blurry to focus on and I could barely see their faces.

Maybe I could just give up on drawing them, but the thing is... once something's on my mind, I can't  feel satisfied until I've done just that..

Maybe I should invite them in.. They must be tired from all the standing. I mean they've been standing there for more than 5hours now! 

Plus It was already 12 pm. So they could take it as a lunch break.

They're Arestair's men. Although he's a jerk, they wouldn’t do anything to make him mad. So I assume that they won't do anything bad..... Probably...

I took a small knife from the kitchen and tucked it in my pockets, just to be safe. And also kept the windows in my home open, in case I needed to make a run for my life.

After all that, I went to them but started getting nervous. Be brave Alyssa.

" H..hi" wow, stuttering in a second. How brave of me. They both looked at me.

" So..um.. It’s lunch time. So would you like to come inside and rest a bit?" They both looked surprised and confused.

They started to whisper among themselves. The blond one seemed to be not agreeing with something while the one with black hair looked at me and gave me a small smile.