Part 13

Alyssa's Pov :

We both sat in silence. It sucked that I finally found a new friend and I'm already causing trouble for him.

"Heyy, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I can handle it".

" Yeah right. 'Handle it' my foot You are anything but fine. Just look at you, all bruised and bandaged up. You're lucky I found you before that son of a bitch could break your bones" Connor was literally hissing at the of Damien.

"Wait. How did you find me in the first place? I'm sure no one could have seen us in that abandoned room" I was curious to know that.

" Well, you said you’d meet me at lunch. But you never came. I thought you didn’t wanna see me, so you didn’t come. I lost my appetite and was on my way to my locker when I heard something.... "

" you heard what?"

" I heard Damien's friends talk about how Damien had went to bully his one and only target again. They were saying how his bullying had increased, it’s as if he's obsessed with bullying that one same person.. I thought it was some guy he was bullying. So I didn’t care, but then they said your name....

They were saying how Damien pulled you to an empty room on the third floor to bully and stuff. They are all jerks, but even they thought this was getting too much. "

" I never ran so fast in my entire life. I checked every room on the 3rd floor until I found a room that had been locked from the inside. I could hear sounds coming from inside, I just knew you were there. After trying a while I broke down the door... Seeing you getting hit like that boiled my blood... I lost it and jumped on Damien. Trust me,I made sure he'd feel pain every time he moves " He stopped.

"What?! What if he reports you? What if you get expelled!!! " i was soo worried.

" Oh don't worry about it. I beat his ass, sure, but not enough to make him unconscious. Plus, if he reported me, the whole school would know that he got his fucking ass beaten by me. He wouldn’t do it if he has any ounce of dignity in him. I did warn him to stay away from you though" Connor stated proudly.

Well, why wouldn’t he be, he did save his friend. He has every right to be proud.

" Um.. Connor.. Thank you. I really can't thank you enough. Thank you for saving me. Thank you"

*smack* what the heck. I was being thankful to him, and he just hit me on the head.

" stop saying thank you. If you say that one more time, I'll hit you again" he said raising his hand in a punching motion.

" But I.. "

" If You're grateful then give me a treat. That'll make me happier"

"Yeah. Sure. Let's go then"

------******------

Connor really eats like a pig. My poor wallet. But, it was fun being with him. It was comfortable, it almost felt like I've known him for ages. He walked me to my home.

After changing into more comfortable clothes, I texted Connor. Yup, we exchanged numbers.

Con: listen up, tomorrow I'll be waiting near the school entrance.  We'll walk inside together.

Me: sure. But why? We can just meet up at lunch.

Con: why? You're asking me why? You have a psycho bully after you, that's why. Now shut up.

Me: ohh...yeah.. You're right😅

Con: And from tomorrow you are always gonna be with people.  You will either be with me or Rae. You are not to be alone in any case.. Got it?

Me: yes  mom. Got it.

Con: Good. And don’t call me mom. Call me dad. And also, I'll be talking to Rae about your matter.

Me: No! Why! You can't tell her. She'll be sad if she knew I was hiding it from her. Plus she might go crazy and get expelled.

Con: listen here, she'll be even sadder if she got to know that you were being bullied and she couldn’t help you. So tell her. And I'm here now, even if she goes crazy, I'll handle her. So shut you brain and rest.

Con: bye.

Me: hey, I wasn’t done talking
Me: hey, you there?

I can't believe it. He just left like that! I'm dreading tomorrow.
----***-----
The next day was pure chaos, but I expected it. Rae went bonkers on me. Connor and Rae met, Connor told her everything while I sat there with my head held down like a puppy.

Rae pulled out a hammer. A Frickin hammer! Why was that in her bag! She was literally sprinting out to find Damien. Connor somehow stopped her from going anywhere. Connor easily took down Damien, but even he was having a hard time stopping her.

After she calmed down, Connor instantly took the hammer away. Poor guy was already out of breath. Rae then scolded me for not telling her and hiding from her. But after she knew I only wanted to protect her, she calmed down and hugged me.

" I don't need protection you idiot.  You need protection.  I'm sorry, I'm not dipping on you or skipping classes anymore.  I'll tolerate the boring classes if needed" she said all this while still hugging me. Man I loved her.

"  yeah, that's great and all. But..how the hell do you have so much strength bruh. And why the fuck do you have a hammer in your bag" Connor said while still panting.

" Oh,  I grew up with my dad. My Mom died long ago. My dad is a boxing trainer. He taught me all the fighting and stuff. My whole childhood went through fighting with people. I was one of the biggest thugs. As for the hammer, I borrowed it from a friend for my replica project" Rae said looking unhinged as ever.

" You even do projects? " Connor said laughing.

" yup, unfortunately. Gotta at least pass my class so that I can get out of this hell hole"

" But seriously though, When you said she was crazy, I didn’t actually think she was this crazy. Only stopping her took sooo much effort. I dont wanna ever go up Against her . She's a maniac " Connor was still laughing.

" Hey, watch your mouth. Who are you calling a maniac" Rae punched him.

" ooww. How the hell are you guys even friends. You're literally polar opposites. One a introvert, the other one a psycho" Connor was really enjoying it, wasn’t he.

" I wonder the same thing" i joined.
" what do you mean! We're friends by fate!  Stop taking his side! And I'm not crazy, got it!" Rae yelled.

" yeah right. Not crazy my ass. You were going to use a hammer on Damien."  Connor said, pointing a finger at her accusingly.

"Because he deserves it. I should in fact break his head with the hammer. The cracking sound of his bone, the blood oozing out....aah that would be so satisfying "

" I fear for my life..." connor said faking a look of horror.

I watched and laughed as those two bickered on.  Those two were getting along really well. I felt so much better after telling them everything, and also I felt safer.

The high school final year that I dreaded so much, might end up being a memorable  year of my life.