Part 10

Alyssa's Pov:

I walked to my locker, took my books and walked back to my class as fast as I could. I could feel Damien's eyes on me. He and Rebecca are still in a relation, not that it bothers me. I've started to dislike him a long time ago.

The classes went by normally. During lunch time I dreaded going to the cafeteria.  I knew he would be there. So I skipped lunch and went to the rooftop instead. I laid down there, the weather was nice and I felt at peace. But after about ten minutes, someone splashed something on my face. I sat up and saw Rebecca standing there with an empty cup of coffee, Damien standing behind her with his hands in his pockets. He looked proud of Rebecca.

I looked at my shirt, I was totally drenched in coffee. Rebecca came and pulled my hair making me look up at her.
" aww, is the piggy on a diet? Its sad..No matter how much you try, a piggy is always going to be a piggy" she said in a sickeningly sweet voice. Rebecca also had started to bully me. Damien encouraged it.

One time she had poured a bucket of water on me while I was in the bathroom. She insulted me, tripped me whenever she could. She once stole a wallet and put it inside my bag blaming it on me. I was suspended. But still, it wasn’t as bad as Damien..

She wouldn’t atleast hit me or kick me.  There have been so many times Damien hit me,  he made sure to only hit me when no one was around. And he also made sure that he didn’t hit my face. My abdomen was always filled with purple,bluish bruises . He would even bring razors, cutting my skin in places. The cut marks were scattered all around my abdomen and arms. It was painful.

Having Rebecca bullying me was atleast better then that. After shoving some date expired bread in my mouth and spitting some more insults Rebecca left, taking Damien with her. I was glad it only ended at that.

I couldn’t tell Rae about it. She would go crazy and get in trouble again. And if she gets in trouble with Damien again, she'll be expelled for sure this time. And my only source of safety will be gone. I'm willing to take a little pain if that means I get to be with her.

I can't complaint about him to the authorities. I had no proof that he's the one who's done this. No one saw him doing these, and he could easily get off by saying I harmed myself and was trying to frame him because he rejected me. He is also the principles son,everyone knows who they'll believe.  I am studying in a Scholarship, It's not possible for me to afford going to another school. 

Thus..I stay silent. I dont attend the next classes as my clothes are already drenched and I didn’t have spare clothes with me.  I went home and showered. Mom was at work, so fortunately I didn’t have to face her. I did my homework until 9 pm. I went downstairs for dinner. 

Mom had returned home about 30 minutes ago. We were watching the news and making small talk while having dinner. This was our thing, we never ate dinner at the table. We'd always bring all the dishes to the tea table in the drawing room and eat on the sofa while watching TV.

But suddenly the news caught our attention. The news was showing a chaotic scene, the scene looked like thousands of people fighting.
"Today Arestair Amaris was announced as the new leader of the Creymour gang, but for some unknown reasons he attacked his own gang and captured them. This footage taken by the brave cameraman shows the fight that took place today. After the fight he declared Himself as the new leader and announced to form a new Creymour gang. As for why he did it despite already being titled as the leader is still unknown.  Was there any conflict betweens him and his father?..We will further try to find out....." the news went on. My mind was blank. Mom looked gloomy.  She must be thinking about dad and Ethan. I quickly changed the channel.

I had heard about the ceremony, but how could someone fight their own father. He even took him down.. Now I felt even more scared of him.. Mom lost her appetite, so did I.  I went to bed with an empty stomach, trying my best to sleep and end the day.

**The next morning***

I was walking out of my room when I bumped into someone, it was Ethan. He was my brother older than me by one year.
"Ouch"

" Sorry, didn’t see you there shorty. "

" Well maybe wear glasses, It'll help your blind eyes see better" I remarked. He was the person I was most comfortable with, and the only person I was able to show my sassy side to.

"Well maybe mom should get you back in her womb and cook you up a bit longer so that you grow up to be a bit taller" he said. I gasped.

" Ethan! Too far. Too far. You take that back right now" I said, crossing my arms.

"Nope. That is called fact, okay.. F.A.C.T. in case you didn’t know the spelling. You're so short I couldn’t see you without squinting my eyes" he said.

"Oh yeah, then maybe mom should've cooked you up a bit longer so that you had some manners" I retorted.

" And she should have cooked you longer to-"

"Am I hearing wrong or are you guys really using me in your stupid argument ? "  Ethan was cut off by mom. We both looked at her like child getting caught stealing cookies.

" Seriously, when will you ever grow up". She looked annoyed.

"He started it mom" I said.
" Ethan, I at least expected better from you. You're the older one. So act like one."
"But mom she-"
"Nope. No more words. Breakfast is ready. Come eat up".

He looked annoyed. I showed him my tongue and ran downstairs.  Dad was reading a newspaper as always. I went and hugged. He laughed and said good morning to me. We all chit chatted with eating. Me bickering with Ethan over food..
Ah..how much I missed these days..

Wait..missed these days? Why would i miss these, they're right here..

Suddenly the scenery changed. I was in an unknown place, there were bodies laying all over the ground. Blood everywhere. I screamed. Dad's limp lifeless body was laying there. I crouched down to him, hugged him and cried. Suddenly I felt someone tugging me. I looked at my side, it was Ethan.
He was also covered in blood. His mouth filled with blood, his body lying on floor.. He kept whispering " s..sis..I don’t want to die.. Help me..save me.. I want to live.. I want to be with you guys".. Tears left his eyes and then..he went silent.. No, No, Noo..I cried, I screamed my heart out. No! This can't be happening.

I scream again and wake up. Mom was sitting beside me, she looked worried. She must have come in hearing my screams. My was face a mess filled with tears. It was a dream.
" Are you okay baby? Did you have a nightmare? "She asked. I nodded. she hugged me and cooed me.

" it’s okay baby. You'll be fine. Everything is gonna be fine. You still have me and I have you. I will not leave you, I promise. " it comforted me. I wanted to protect her, She's all I have left..

Oh how much I wish I could meet them again. I used to think Ethan was a pain in the ass, but now I just want to hear his stupid arguments and comments just one more time, I want to hug dad..just once more.. But that couldn’t be possible anymore. 

After mom left I dragged myself to get ready and went to school. I needed to get scholarship in order to get into college or else affording the fees would be impossible. Rae was present  today, so the day went by pretty smoothly. After School ended, we were heading outside when we heard a commotion. We went to check.

There were 3 cars parked outside the school premises. 2 Mercedes and one Bugatti. But the cars weren’t the cause of the commotion, the owners of the cars were the reason. It was Arestair and his men's cars. I saw him leaning on the Bugatti with four men on his each side. Students were literally fleeing from his sight.

He looked like he was waiting for someone and I had a bad feeling about it. So I dragged Rae to get out through the back gate of the school. But suddenly someone held my hand and pulled me back into their chest.

" Where do you think You're going, doll?" their chest rumbled as the person spoke.  I pushed him and got out of his grip... It was Arestair