Chapter 1

"Mayleen! Get up," My room mate, Katie, yells at me. I cover my face with my pillow and then uncover it.

"Ugh," I groan and sit up. I open my eyes and Katie has a present in her hands. It was my birthday again, yay!

"Happy 21st May," Katie hands me the present and I inspect it. It's a medium sized box and wasn't that heavy.

My roommate Katie is a junior in college like me, but she was a year older than I was. When we started college we got shoved into a room to share and have been here ever since. She's been my best friend here and probably will be one of the them for a long time.

"Thanks Katie," I mumble and tear off the paper. The box is just a plain brown box that isn't taped so it probably wasn't something shipped. In the box was a white crop top, high waisted shorts, new high top-white converse, and an envelope. The enveloped looked suspicious but I opened the envelope and inside was 2 tickets and meet and great passes to an R5 concert, that was tonight.

"No effing way. These are so expensive here, and 2 meet and greet tickets. This is like $400. Thank you so much. You are coming with me tonight," I get up and hug her. R5 is and always has been my most favorite band ever. I've only been to about 5 concerts since the beginning of R5 but I've never got meet and great passes.

"Of course," She says with a smile. I think she knew either way, she would come with me. Katie bought the tickets so she gets to come, otherwise that would be just wrong. Katie hands me the clothes and shoes from my present, "Get dressed, we leave in 2 hours."

I nod and take the clothes and shoes and move to my underwear drawer. I grab matching white bra and panties and run to the bathrooms and take a quick shower and get dressed.

The crop top is white and says "No Easy Love," probably made online for me, and the shorts are a light wash of green. I run back to the room and put on my shoes and plug in my curling iron. I can't go without curling my hair, especially not today.

I sit in front of my mirror on the ground and pull out my makeup. Since it's a concert it's going to be hot so I find all my waterproof stuff. Now to decide, natural, bright, or dark. I'll do natural because I want to be cute and natural for the band.

I put on my BB cream, concealer, powder, eyeliner(winged), mascara, and my favorite red/pink lipstick. I shove all of that in a corner and grab my curling iron. I quickly make big loose curls in my long brunette hair and spray some hairspray.

I finish getting ready and move over to the mirror on the back of our door and I say, "Perfect."

I check my phone and see what time it is, since we have to leave at noon, which is in half an hour.

"We need to go. Let's run to the shop and get some food," Katie tells me. I nod and shove my phone, money, and tickets in my pockets.

We run down to the shop and pick up a bunch of granola bars and some sandwiches.

We hop in Katie's car and start heading to the venue.

I'm going to meet my favorite person and band.

A/N Hey lovlies, so here is the first chapter of my new book "The Fan." I know the title might seem scary but I didn't have anything else at the time. I came up with this a couple months ago while writing "A Fandom's Dream Daughter." I think I mentioned Mayleen in that book, don't remember.

I just lightly teased you then.

Anyway so this book is a summer book and will last all Summer and depending on where it ends, there might be a sequel, don't know.

My goal for this book is to make it the longest book I have written so far, aka more than 30 pages.

Please enjoy the rest of this book as I upload the chapters. I might make a publish schedule, like every Friday.

Who knows.

Thanks for reading, Laterzzz- @BookDoOver17 aka Samantha