Chapter 49

I sat in Rydel's bedroom, trying to fix my now ruined makeup. My mascara was dripping down my cheeks and my eyes were red and puffy. I grab one of her makeup wipes and wipe away everything from today. I take a look at my bare face and I can now truly see the events of the past few days in my face.

My eyes have dark bags and are puffy, showing my lack of sleep and hours spent crying. I have predominant lines in my forehead, showing how much frowning I have done lately. My eyes have lost their sparkle and I look dead inside.

"Wow," I sigh. I brush my hair into a side ponytail and check my phone, before leaving to go back to the party. I quickly check my email to see if I have any urgent things to attend to. 

I see an email from Vogue Paris. I immediately open it to see a job opportunity in Paris, modeling for Vogue. My airfare and living space will be expenses paid and they want me to stay for 14 months and leave on April 30th. 

"Holy crap," I say to myself. I scroll through the rest of the email and I see a phone number to call if I was interested. I instantly dial it and the line rings for a few seconds before someone picks up the phone. 

Vogue Representative: Hi, you've reached the Vogue Paris headquarters line, how may I help you?

Mayleen: Hi. This is Mayleen Raen. I just received an email from a representative about a 14-month long job opportunity to work for you guys. 

Vogue Representative: Hmm, let me check our databases...Ah yes, Mayleen. You are wanted to model in our Summer editions of Vogue Paris and to design for the Winter editions. Are you interested?

Mayleen: Yes, very much so. 

Vogue Representative: Great. All information will be sent by email, we look forward to seeing you in a few days.

Mayleen: Thank you.

Vogue Representative: Au Revoir.

"Holy crap," I say to myself again. I put my phone into my back pocket and quickly run into the party. I find Rydel and pull her outside. 

"What's wrong? What happened?" Rydel asks, panicked.

"Nothing's wrong, but something happened," I tell her, trying to keep myself under control.

"What happened? Was it something with Ryla-"

"I just toke a job at Vogue Paris," I tell her and she instantly falls silent. 

"Are you serious?" She asks, shock setting in.

"Yes. It's a 14-month long all expenses paid modeling and design job in Paris, and I leave in two days," I tell her, shock instantly hitting me, "I leave in two days."

"I'm so happy for you May!" Rydel says, pulling me into a hug, "We should probably get you packed."

"Yeah, ha ha," I say, realizing that I have to leave everything I know and love in just two days. 

"Hey, what's going on out here?" I hear Ryland's voice say. I see that he has opened the backyard door with Riker, Ross, and Rocky standing behind him.

"I-uh, well. I got offered a job working for Vogue," I pause, the boys start cheering but I cut them off by saying "Paris."

"What?" The boys say in unison. 

A/N 

This is just a filler chapter.